Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: using 1/4" ballnose

Same here, designer 2.002

looks like your menus look odd, try setting the Window view back to normal.

I have never seen it there either. I remember there was some straight bits which have been removed from the list. That 1/4 ballnose must be some left over artifact from a beta version. Maybe Metallus can explain why you have a feature no one else has.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I have never seen it there either. I remember there was some straight bits which have been removed from the list. That 1/4 ballnose must be some left over artifact from a beta version. Maybe Metallus can explain why you have a feature no one else has.
    bingo!! Thanks Dan, thought I was going nuts..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

no not from beta it was in the software years ago.

a video I did in Oct, 2010...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K8t_4aHzz0
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 08-18-2013 at 11:12 PM.

It is a mystery how you could have kept that feature though all those versions. Have you always installed Designer over the old versions as the new versions came out? Do you see the 1/4" ball nose in the current beta versions?

I guess I should have been more clear on my ? I meant to say that when I was in designer and I drew a cut path and chose a 1/4" ba;;nose to be used on that cut path when I uploaded and started tp procced on the machine it first asked to install the ballnose bit when I did that after the truck came back the screen said to install the carving bit so I switched bits and the carving went great at the end it said to insert ballnose so I did it started to rout on the cut path but the flexshaft sounded like it was going to break down very loud so after 2 passes I stopped the carving any guesses to why this happened also flexshaft got hot so I aborted

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    I guess I should have been more clear on my ? I meant to say that when I was in designer and I drew a cut path and chose a 1/4" ba;;nose to be used on that cut path when I uploaded and started tp procced on the machine it first asked to install the ballnose bit when I did that after the truck came back the screen said to install the carving bit so I switched bits and the carving went great at the end it said to insert ballnose so I did it started to rout on the cut path but the flexshaft sounded like it was going to break down very loud so after 2 passes I stopped the carving any guesses to why this happened also flexshaft got hot so I aborted
    Everything you describe makes sense. You have a project which required carving with the 1/16 carving bit and then a path cut with the 1/4 ball nose bit. With cut paths and cut outs, the experienced users limit the depth of the cut using the "max pass depth" option in the bottom of the select bit dialog box. Usually I limit the cut depth to 1/4 inch per pass. If your depth was 3/4" or more, that would explain the strain on the machine.

Do you see the 1/4" ball nose in the current beta versions?
    yes see above...

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    yes see above...
    Well I do not have it in any of the many versions I have on my computer. This really is an interesting mystery!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast