Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: using 1/4" ballnose

Default using 1/4" ballnose

I want to do a carving using a 1/4"ballnose when I install the bit when asked by machine it hones finds surface then comes back to side and says to install 1/16" carving bit I could continue with ballnose but wasnt sure how carving would come out so installed carving bit and as far as the little clear stop it falls off the bit. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks Doug

To change the raster/pattern carving bit for a project you need to select "board settings" and pick from either the 3/16, 1/8 or 1/16" ball nose. There is no selection for the 1/4" ball nose for pattern carving.

For the bit stops are you using the right size for the size of bit shank, 1/4" or 1/2"?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

There is no selection for the 1/4" ball nose for pattern carving.
    Their has always been a 1/4 ball nose in the pattern bit menu for carving raster's with the exception the dark days of removal. The good news is the 1/4 is back to where it belongs in Designer's pattern menu.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Their has always been a 1/4 ball nose in the pattern bit menu for carving raster's with the exception the dark days of removal. The good news is the 1/4 is back to where it belongs in Designer's pattern menu.
    I had thought they and the 1/4" ball nose listed but when I looked at the selection box mine only shows the 1/16, 1/8 and 3/16 bits for the pattern bit in the board setting...this for both 1.187 and 2.002

It listed in the bit selection though for other bit choices for vectors..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I looked at the selection box mine only shows the 1/16, 1/8 and 3/16 bits for the pattern bit in the board setting...
    Odd, I see it in mine.

Attachment 64209
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 08-18-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Odd, I see it in mine.

Attachment 64209

Your attachment does not work..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Your attachment does not work..
    Try this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ballbit.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	64211

Very very strange. here is what I get...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails no 1_4 ball nose.png  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Yea in the old days I used the 1/4 ball a lot for fingerboards worked really well.... What system are you running XP?
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 08-18-2013 at 08:41 PM.

I run win7 and the screen shot was designer 2.002. So got any clues why it does not show the 1/4" bit???
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast