Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: using a jig

Quote Originally Posted by rcdages View Post
    I have not had the machine ask me about Project of Board for a very long time.

All my boards or jigs have 4" added to each end so I know they will stay under rollers so I
    say NO to stay under rollers.
    OK, so when I use a Jig, I have at least 4" on each side. I always so Yes to stay under rollers. What will "No" do? I haven't had any problems with "Yes", and have some carves tomorrow. Don't want to say "No" and find issues. What is the real difference? Setup Time? Early on, I swear everyone was saying to say "Yes" to the question.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Wayne,

It comes down to the length of the board in Designer and the Physical Board.

IF the Designer Board is 10 inches long and the Actual physical Board is 17 then telling the machine Yes stay under Rollers OR NO don't stay under rollers will NOT make any difference.

BUT... 11 inch Designer board and 17 inch physical board...

Tell the machine NO don't stay under the rollers and use Center on Board and it will likely carve OK.

Tell the machine YES Stay under the rollers and use Center on board and the machine will need 1 more inch and will SCALE the project down by 1 inch.... That make sense?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Yes, thanks AL!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12