Thread: Long Absence

1. Default Long Absence

Hello Carvoholics,

Hope this message finds everyone well.

Oh how I have missed you guys. The last year or so has been a blur with lots of new things happening. We have moved a couple of times, from Lexington to Loudonville, Ohio then to Columbus (we are not settled on this place - it is way to big). We have spent a lot of time travelling and seeing the country side, if you haven't been to a Maker Faire you need to go. We attended a few of the Woodworking Shows, this is also a great source of quality tools and a lot of knowledge. Get out there and go, just go.

My challenge to all of you is to get out there and see what other folks are doing, take your work to the next level and have as much fun as you possibly can in the process.

What we've been up to:

I am sure there are so many things that I will not mention ... here are a few.

We have been working on lots of new things to help you guys get to the next level to 'Unleash the Power of Your Creativity'.

We got to present a class on CNC in the Modern Woodshop at the WIA (Woodworking in America) event ... that was awesome.

We have shared CNC, Laser and 3d Printers with about 2000 kids at the KET Super Saturday event in Lexington, Kentucky.

We have gotten to meet some great folks like Scott Phillips, Tommy Mac, Wayne Sutter, Craig Jackson, Michael Tyler along the way. If we had sat in the shop this would have never happened.

We have made the pilgrimage to Texas to see the home of CarveWright ... the little machine that started all of this. You should all go do this.

We have put together an event we call the CNC Jamboree, this year marks the 2nd Annual. This event is held at one of the most beautiful places in the country and we are hosted by Doug and Jamie Hawkins (they are two of the nicest people you will ever meet). Register Now and learn more about this event at www.CncJamboree.com

For those of you that haven't seen it please go check out our Digital Fabber Magazine at www.DigitalFabber.com we have recently completely the site and will be adding a lot of new content in the next few weeks.

Also take a minute to check out the officially Digital Fabber Community at www.DigitalFabberCommunity.com ... it is a lot like Facebook for CNCers, Live Chat, Blogs, Video and more.

We also continue to work on our site at www.TheSignMill.com ... I hope you guys are all having as much fun as we are and I'm looking forward to getting back into the forum and sharing as much knowledge as I can. Cheers to having more FREE time ... right.

In closing I want to say thank you to everyone that has believed in us and supported us along the way. The brothers Lovchik, Lori, Connie, Michael, Randy, Doug and so many more. Thank You!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	craig-jackson.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	64157 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tommy-mac.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	64158 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	user7287_pic521_1376206244.jpg 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	64159 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	user7287_pic525_1376206285.jpg 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	64160 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wayne-sutter.jpg 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	64161 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	995957_201342616694203_628890917_n.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	64162 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1081021_200782610083537_1741257398_n.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	64163
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Captures-009.jpg  

Good to see your still around and working with CNC.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Nice to see you back .Hope you can find time to do some carving.

4. Default

so do I ...

Thanks for the post. Will check things out.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

It is always great to have you around and all your talents Jason! Welcome back my friend.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

welcome back Jason !!!
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!