Thread: Model 1911 free paterns

Default Model 1911 free paterns

Over the years some of you have offered a free Colt 1911 gun pattern, and I just want to thank all of you who have done so. My question is, when those of you who have done so did you ever lock in the measurements as to the exact scan measurements? I'm trying to make a presentation box for a special gun that I have in the safe and would like to have the correct numbers. I have a scanner but this is the only 1911 I have here at the this time and it's a gun that I can't take the chance of any scratches on.
    thanks, Mike
    In Him, Mike
    msphilpott@tnet.biz

2. Default

take a pencil and trace around it on a piece of paper then scan that. you can apply a grid and adjust the size until it matches measurements you take on the gun. I am assuming you want to carve a area for the gun to fit into. I did this with a glock once.

Thats a good idea. That gives me an idea for my tools in my messy tool box...
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Quote Originally Posted by gregsolano View Post
    take a pencil and trace around it on a piece of paper then scan that. you can apply a grid and adjust the size until it matches measurements you take on the gun. I am assuming you want to carve a area for the gun to fit into. I did this with a glock once.

Greg, that's a good idea, I'll give it a try. The gun belongs to a Koran vet that is a very good friend and I just wanted to do something for him.
    In Him, Mike
    msphilpott@tnet.biz