Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making 3-D patterns

Default Making 3-D patterns

I'm just starting out with my Carvewright and have the basic software - Designer (not ver. 2.0), Centerline Text, and Conforming Vectors. I've been working on a sign for our VFW post and found I can get a pretty good carving with quite a bit of detail. My carving of the VFW seal is 3-d - sort of. Some layers are higher and some lower depending on their respective grayscale values. Is it possible to get a more rounded, truer 3-d look with the software I have?

Gary

Post your MPC so we can see what you have
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

OK, I give up. How do I attach an mpc or ptn file?

Click go advanced and scroll down to attachments and click on Manage Attachments. If you attach photos the have to be less than 600 pixels wide. While you are waiting for an answer, look at carved areas and "Select Surface" then "Domes". I did many intricate patterns with those before the 3D design add ons.
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Thanks for the help. I thought I would need the add on files to do what I want. I think I can use the textures and carve regions to get by for now.

Thank you for the post, dickb. The information was very appreciated.

8. Default

Hi, The software came with the machine can only do basic design stuff. If you want a more 3D look you will need third party software. In Designer there is a "Draft" options which will give your object a bevel look but not too rounded.
    H. T.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Friends Don't Let Friends Use bad patterns!
    For high quality patterns please email me or check out my website at: http://carvenow.com . Thanks!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

HT

MS Paint?
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Quote Originally Posted by gekepko View Post
    I'm just starting out with my Carvewright and have the basic software - Designer (not ver. 2.0), Centerline Text, and Conforming Vectors. I've been working on a sign for our VFW post and found I can get a pretty good carving with quite a bit of detail. My carving of the VFW seal is 3-d - sort of. Some layers are higher and some lower depending on their respective grayscale values. Is it possible to get a more rounded, truer 3-d look with the software I have?

Gary
    I use a program called ShaderMap Pro, cost $30.00, to give my patterns a 3d look.

The MPC is too large to post, send me your e-mail in a PM - I can send you the file. BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFW_vectorized2_DISP-cw.jpg  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast