Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyhole Bit & Split Collet in CT Chuck

Default Keyhole Bit & Split Collet in CT Chuck

I can't seem to find out the right distance to put the stop collar on the keyhole bit when using the split collet... any input folks..?

Place the bottom of the stop collar at the point where the yellow starts on the bit shaft, Works every time for me.

To keep this point consistent I actually cut shrink tubing to the size of the stop collar, and shrunk it onto the bit. Has just enough of a "lip" to have a consistent set up each time in the split collet.
    Last edited by chief2007; 08-10-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Thank You Chief, you've been a great help.

Default New Question..

Hey folks, Chief, someone...my wife has a problem tightening the keyhole bit in the collet with the T- handle wrench, so I was thinking I would get a small 3/8 square drive torque wrench, but don't know what would be a good torque to tighten it to. My second option was to get a keyhole bit with a 1/2" shank...anyone ? thoughts/opinions ?

Thanks,
    Dwayne

Maybe a regular Allen wrench would work and give the extra leverage that she would need.

One must be careful of not over tightening the screw. It stretches a little each time and will break. Instead, look at where the slots are in the adapter and rotate it in the CT so the dog does not span over a slot. The tip of the dog right beside a slot??

I am sure it has been discussed in the forum before, but does anyone know the size of screws for the CT? I have been meaning to get extras and change them out before the do snap in two and create a big problem.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

I've been accused of over-thinking things before, but now I just feel stupid !!

Thanks aokweld

The ER-11 adaptor works great on the keyhole bit.

I also use the ER-11 also on the Keyhole Bit. It makes using it a lot easier.
    Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast