Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grounding

Good point.
    As soon as I head down south again, it's grounding time!
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Just got a PM from another user asking if I had switched out 2 prong plug to a 3 prong. I believe he miss read my comments on "I run my ground lead from my ground terminal to the dust collector frame". My ground terminal is actually my building service ground. My static ground lead wire runs off of that to both my dust collector and my CarveWright.

I have not made any changes to the power cord of the CarveWright...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

FWIW, I'd never tempt fate. And for what it's costs why would you? And movement of the wood dust, etc, can create static which can be the death of anything with a chip in it. I have a big @ss dust collector from HF that comes with a 3 prong. It connects to the CW via a aluminium duct tube grounded on both ends, to the CW frame and to the dust collector.

As a side note, the CW is on a surge protector as well. I don't care what they say in the manual, I'm not letting a little lightening take out my baby. ;^)

So how many CFM would you say is needed for a dust collector just foe the Carvewright? I have a DC Incert.
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Quote Originally Posted by peep View Post
    So how many CFM would you say is needed for a dust collector just foe the Carvewright? I have a DC Incert.
    I started out with a 650 cfm collector and found that it was good just for the CW and when trying to run it on other tools while carving I lost performance to the CW.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I've been looking for a dust collector I have a question, why couldn't you run the output side directly going to the bag go though a wall and blow the dust outside and eliminate the bag, It would be similar to a clothes dryer outlet. I looked at harbor freight dust collectors.
    Last edited by aokweld101; 08-11-2013 at 03:03 PM.

7. Default

Yep, I remember Al. The post stated that UL certification wouldn't be approved unless the unit was double insulated (?). Obviously a decision by.... oh well, never mind.

8. Default

On my setup I use hose from amazon. It has wire wound in it. the end was stripped a couple inches back, folded over an in contact with floyd's dust collector (might not be the best connection point but it seems to work fine) and clamped into position. The other end connects to a 1500 cfm collector and grounded to the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I've been looking for a dust collector I have a question, why couldn't you run the output side directly going to the bag go though a wall and blow the dust outside and eliminate the bag, It would be similar to a clothes dryer outlet. I looked at harbor freight dust collectors.

Some do the venting to the outside. Only issue would your neighbors I suppose. Especially if they hang clothes out to dry..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

I don't have close enough neighbors to complain about vented dust. I blow the sweep and vacuum, then the remaining dust out the door into the yard when I clean my shop. But my riding mower is parked near the dryer vent and gets very dusty. Concentrated would be a problem. How about into a trash can half full of water- and if a metal trash can you would be grounded.
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast