Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nixie Clock

Default Nixie Clock

Following my hobby for old Nixie electronic displays, I built an electronic clock boxed in a modern minimalistic design wood case.
    Unfortunately my Carvewright "betrayed" me again (the cutting motor stopped and if the controller board is the root of the fault I'll have a big problem ...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2827.JPG   DSCN2823.JPG   DSCN2830.JPG   DSCN2833.JPG  

DSCN2836.JPG  

very nice, I remember using thous tubes in the 80's
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

3. Default

Nicely done. Excellent work on the case. Its nice, clean and well done. Looks like the electronics was a kit, or did you make the pc board yourself?

Excellent Project !!!! Being a Electronic Guy, I went right to the Circuit Board.... LOL....

Very Nice...

Cut Motor...

250 + Hours brushes may be worn out... A Tap with the handle of the screw driver on the motor will sometimes let it start again...

Right Side Cover Switch is the return path for the motor.

The Motor connectors sometimes come loose if snagged on the Z Truck cooling fins.

X Termination Board, look for burnt parts.

Computer Controller?

Power Supply

Let me know if you need parts.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Nicely done. Excellent work on the case. Its nice, clean and well done. Looks like the electronics was a kit, or did you make the pc board yourself?
    The electronic design has been made by me, but the Printed Circuit Board has been done by a specialized company.

Thank you AL for your advices and for your kind offer, I'll consider it if it will be necessary. Today I'll start to investigate what is hapened with the cutting motor.

Gelu

You just got to love nixie tubes. If your a Star Trek fan, on the original series they started off with mechanical clack type displays on the instrument panels (think of the digital clocks from the 70's). Then towards the end they switched to nixie tubes. As I recall you used to able to get 7400 series nixie tube drivers.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

I love that clock...seen that type before and forgot that I've always wanted to make one myself (until reminded by the photos)! I know "zip" about electronics. If anyone knows of a "turn-key" kit (with tubes and circuit board ready-to-install) please let me know.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Not turn key only needs to be put together. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nixie-Clock-...#ht_925wt_1170

Turn Key kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nixie-Clock-...#ht_887wt_1170
    Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    I love that clock...seen that type before and forgot that I've always wanted to make one myself (until reminded by the photos)! I know "zip" about electronics. If anyone knows of a "turn-key" kit (with tubes and circuit board ready-to-install) please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    This is mine It is the electronic part of the above presented clock.

Quote Originally Posted by gelu_b View Post
    This is mine It is the electronic part of the above presented clock.
    If I were you, I would contact CarveWright Marketing department to see about putting the project into the CW Project Store (complete with all essential the electronics, of course).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast