Thread: Opening .geo files

Question Opening .geo files

Hi. I have had a CW for about 6 months. Had lots of fun learning software & hardware - still learning. Have about 400 graphic files from a laser program (.geo file extension). Is there a program that will open these and convert them to a file that will work in Designer?

Not familiar with it. You might try taking it back into the laser program and seeing if you can import to .stl, .dxf, jpg, bitmap, png, mng, xpm or giff file formats as these are the only ones that can be imported. STL & DXF, of course, require the Importers advanced feature.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Don't have access to the laser program anymore. Hoping to find a reasonably priced conversion program.

Found this one .. know nothing about it.. http://www.openwith.org/file-extensions/geo/1219
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

This is evidently .geo files from Trumpf Trutops software for a laser machine. I couldn't find a converter, but other forums indicate (and it makes sense) that these are 2d paths for laser cutting, not 3d.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

If you want to post one, we can take a look at it. I think there is a fair change it is just g-code, or possibly even just hpgl formatted specifically for the trumpf
    Doug Fletcher

Almost everything I have done, 10 small projects, started as photographs, or logo's from websites. The example shown was my first project. It was from a color decal. A 2d path saves me creating the line drawing. Some really neat images in the geo files. Tried the Link from fw. It is XnView photo Editor, says it will open geo files. Hasn't worked yet, still working on getting an answer about that. Will figure out how to post a geo file.Attachment 63885

Great job on your "first project"! Like I stated I did not do anything with that link I posted other than find it. I did see some posts about the file format on a couple of links to solidworks but most of the talk was ^ my head.

To post a non forum file format you can zip the file.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default geo file zip

Here is an example of the geo files.Attachment 63886 I am not sure what it is since I can't view it.

It is just a text file. you can open using notepad. I"ll look for a converter. Since the file format is so simplistic, I would think surely someone has coded one.

Doug Fletcher
    Doug Fletcher