Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transferring patterns computer to computer

Default Transferring patterns computer to computer

Caveat: I did a search and can't seem to get a handle on how to perform this function. Keep in mind that I am pretty much computer illiterate.

My 12 year old laptop is finally giving up the ghost so I broke down and purchased another one. I have installed the CW software and I have it up and running. I understand how to get the licenses for the patterns and pattern collections I purchased, but I do not know how to transfer the patterns that I made or others made for me from the "Favorites" in my old computer to the new one. Basically, when I click on the seashell icon, I want to be able to see the 100+ patterns like I do on my old laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please remember that the information age somewhat passed me by, so please respond in terms that someone who is tech stupid would understand.

Thanks,

John

Navigate to C://documents & settings / username / CarveWright and find your favorites.mpn file from your old laptop, if it's not too dead. You may also want to copy any other collection (library) files from there as well. They will be named ####. Copy these and transfer to your new laptop via a thumbdrive or email them to yourself.

You will navigate to the same location in your new laptop replace the favorites.mpn file there. You do not want two of them. Also put the collections in this folder.

No not put any of your project files (.mpc) in this area, since removing the software through the control panel will remove everything in this folder.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks Lynn, that worked like a charm and was easy enough that a tech dummy like me could understand. I appreciate it.

Hello Lynn, I have been trying to move my patterns from my old laptop to my new one but have not been successful to get them in my library. Also I had purchased Dauch's Collection and haven't figured out how to transfer it. I show it in my licenses but can't see it. Is there somewhere I can look to more instructions on this ?

Thanks, Scott

Www.carvewright.com under support > software and pattern activation.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

If you use Windows, all of the patterns are stored in a file named "favorites.mpn". It's located in "c:\users\Your User Name\Carvewright". Copy it from your old computer to the same location on your new computer. This will overwrite the favorites.mpn on your new computer so make a copy if there is anything in it you want to keep.
    Steve

The best thing I think is SKYDRIVE or as it's called now ONEDRIVE from microsoft ... Google either one .. U get 25gb of free storage .. So whenever I'm in the house working on a pattern or MPC I save it to the onedrive folder ... When I go out to the shop and start up that computer the file is there in that onedrive folder... It also has an app for ur Iphone so I can check my files on my Ipad or Iphone ... Oh did I mention it's free ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Ok, Thanks will give it a shot.

That sounds good I will have to check it out..Thanks

I'm a fan of USB thumb drives aka Flash Drives. You can pick up an 8 gig drive for under $10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast