Thread: Rail Sweeps with circles

Default Rail Sweeps with circles

One cannot use the closed Designer shapes like circles and rectangles for rail sweeps since these shapes have no "beginning" . One has to manually draw the objects so they have a start point. To use a circle for a rail, for example, first draw an arc and then close it by connecting the end points.

See the attached mpc. Close the shapes.

Edit: There seems to be a problem with moving the "circle" after it is made.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bergerud; 07-22-2013 at 01:04 PM.

I tried this and this is what happened how do u the step up on the rails I put parallels lines in the sweep tool at about .27 apart from the red line to the white line .
    Last edited by aokweld101; 07-22-2013 at 03:55 PM.

You drew a single curve and used sweep. I was talking about sweep:rail which uses two curves and sweeps a curve between them.

The curve you draw in the edit window is the cross section which will be swept. I may not make any sense to draw a curve under a curve.

I've been trying since my last post, I get to this point and when I connect the endpoints the square disappears on my carve list and the sweep above the curve and square rails is that the one that should be lighting up if it is, its not lighting up.

Connect the square to itself, not to the arc. You need two curves selected for the rail sweep to light up. (My post was to do with a trick to get a circle as a sweep curve by converting an arc. You should first just try two simple curves. Draw two lines, select them both, (ctrl click) and the try the rail sweep.)
    Last edited by bergerud; 07-22-2013 at 05:48 PM.