Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motor sounds "gritty"

Quote Originally Posted by KeystoneChuck View Post
    I am a firm non-believer in warranties.
    This is a bit off topic, but I just had an interesting experience regarding warranties. I bought a rechargeable battery that is used to power and recharge cell phones and in my case my iPod Touch. It is a recognizable name brand. It has a 3-year warranty. It worked great until last week. I contacted the company to honor the warranty, and I got this response:
    Thank you for your e-mail, unfortunately this product is no longer in production with no replacements available. Regrettably the cancellation of this item has nullified our ability to support a warranty on this product any longer.
    So I responded, "Issue a refund". I got this response:
    Thank you for a follow up, unfortunately we only have a 30 day refund.
    So I guess in my case a warranty is only as good as - nothing?

I responded:
    Ok, I will contact my state attorney general tomorrow about your failure to honor your stated warranty.
    And I did. The case is pending.

I agree, the case cracked FIRST and the sparks and running rough was the rear bearing loose and causing the Armature to rub against the inner Stator. The Motor is toast... Send it back as a core and let LHR do the Failure Analysis on it.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Glad to hear you are following through with it. A lot of people would just curse and say "I'll never buy from them again" They stand there with bells on to take your money then you become a "complaint # such and such" when the product does not perform properly and your calls and e-mails are lost in the sauce.

First call tomorrow is to LHR. I would hope they would at least issue the core charge to minimize my bleeding. The interesting thing was my motor guy was amazed at the damage. He made me explain exactly how the machine and motor worked together and he can't figure out how it in his words it "exploded". He like my brother couldn't believe it did that after only 50hrs. I understand that stuff happens I'm not upset at LHR they didn't manufacturer the motor or the housing or the bearing. It could have been a bad day for the bearing guy in China and he overlooked my part. Just hope that LHR could see it was of no fault of mine and they would do the right thing. The really right thing would be a new motor but I understand warranties are warranties I'm just curious how they handle the core charge. I will keep you guys posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I agree, the case cracked FIRST and the sparks and running rough was the rear bearing loose and causing the Armature to rub against the inner Stator. The Motor is toast... Send it back as a core and let LHR do the Failure Analysis on it.

AL

Just ordered the motor $185.00 + $15.00 shipping =$200.00 Ouch! On that note $15 shipping for the motors was well lower than it could have been. Its actually pretty heavy for its size IMO. What was really killing me was when I added bits to the order the shipping stayed the same. In other words FREE Shipping on bits. I'm one of those guys that gets steamed when you pay $12.95 shipping on a bit and the package comes in with a $4 postage stamp on it, I know it has to with location but it still makes me hot when I see it. Maybe if they could set up shipping zones like most companies it would help minimize the frustrating shipping topic. I wanted to take advantage of the situation but I am already tapping into my reserve money for another piece of machinery/big boy toy!

PLEASE NOTE: If the item is not showing up in the store; then it is not available.

Even if someone has the old link to the part, and you go in the through the back door with it, we still don't have the part.

I am changing your order from new cut motor to a rebuild. Please send us your cut motor. We will issue a refund to your credit card for the difference.

Also, there were no bits on the order.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 07-23-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Just got off the phone with LHR..OH MY LORD! I order the new motor on THEIR website which said IN STOCK. The guy on the phone said "its been a while since we updated that". I said I would like a new motor and he told me "we don't have any new motors" which I replied OK I'll have to wait till you get a new shippment of motor which he said "I don't know when that would ever be". I didn't ask when, I said I was willing to wait. He informed me there is no way of getting a new motor that the only way to get a motor is by sending in your old motor and they would rebuild it and sent it back. I stated I didn't want the rebuild that I was paying $185 for a new motor and then going to send back my old motor for the $40 core charge which he asked me "what core charge". I informed him that there was a list on their website that I printed out that gives you an option to send them back and get a core charge. He said "I don't know of anything like that". Its on YOUR site I didn't make this up. So now I have to send back my old one so they can rebuild it and sent it back to me. I said I didn't like that and I wanted a new motor he said "there are no new motors" this is they way you have to do it if you want a motor. I said fine, what are we talking about in turn around time he said "could be a week, could be two". I'll pass that answer on to my customers who are waiting for my phone call stating my machine is back up and running. I'm sorry for ranting but I started out the week good with LHR but its only Tuesday and I'm fired up. Like I stated before its a good machine when its working but when its not GOOD LUCK. A little heads up to anyone in the market. When I get my motor back and I assemble again I will be selling my machine. It is a Version C bought in 2012 with Centerline text software. I have a 1/16 carving bit, 60 degree V, 3/16" cutting bit and the Fletchers Dust Collection Hood which I praised before on my post. I also have the original box and I am willing to deliver for free by me to PA,NJ,DE. Any other places e-mail me and I will get the shipping cost. They are a great machine but I don't have the patience to deal with hiccups in the reliability dept. As for the bits on the order I did state I did not take advantage of the situation. PM me if anyone is interested in my machine. If you are interested I also have the main dust collection unit that I could work into the deal if you needed.

Looks like LHR removed the cut motor from the store and Connie said "PLEASE NOTE: If the item is not showing up in the store; then it is not available." Then when the cut motor has trouble we need to buy a whole machine?

Quote Originally Posted by KeystoneChuck View Post
    Just got off the phone with LHR..OH MY LORD! I order the new motor on THEIR website which said IN STOCK. The guy on the phone said "its been a while since we updated that".
    There has not been a new cut motor on our store for a long time. The only way you can get to that is to go through an old link that someone on this forum provided.

A rebuild is $62. A core charge is for when you buy a part for X amount, a portion of that cost is the core charge. Then when you send us the old part, we rebate the core charge. This insures that we get the wanted part back. With a rebuild we are rebuilding your part therefor there is no core charge applied and no core charge rebated.

The time it takes is mostly shipping time. We can get them rebuilt in only a day or two.

Also, the Centerline Text is non-transferable should you sell your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    Looks like LHR removed the cut motor from the store and Connie said "PLEASE NOTE: If the item is not showing up in the store; then it is not available." Then when the cut motor has trouble we need to buy a whole machine?
    NO. You can have yours rebuilt. It currently costs $62 to have yours rebuilt as opposed to the $185 for a new one (that we do not have available). You need to call us to order this.

Also, if you are sending your Cut Motor in to us, please also send the x-termination board so we can test it. If you put a good cut motor on a blown x-term, you will ruin the cut motor.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast