Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cut Motor Test

Could be an issue with the RPM Sensor if the brushes are good and wiring is good..

Quote Originally Posted by malviski View Post
    The motor has 248 hours on it. How long do they usually last? I think it is fried...
    I'm not trying to say your cut motor is still good but, I have 1300+ cut motors hours on the original cut motor that came with the machine and it's still going strong. Of course I have replace the brushes many times and I have a replacement motor as a spare for "just in case" but, so far so good. I am also using the original flex shaft. It only gets a little warm if I use large diameter bits and I have a spare for that also.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I'm not trying to say your cut motor is still good but, I have 1300+ cut motors hours on the original cut motor that came with the machine and it's still going strong. Of course I have replace the brushes many times and I have a replacement motor as a spare for "just in case" but, so far so good. I am also using the original flex shaft. It only gets a little warm if I use large diameter bits and I have a spare for that also.
    can I please have some of your luck....that is good to hear. it seems like every time I turn this machine on there is something else going wrong. I take really good care of it and keep it clean. I have replaced the chuck, the flex shaft, in addition to all the parts I just replaced. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I deploy a lot and the machine will sit for 10 months at a time???

Quote Originally Posted by chypes View Post
    Could be an issue with the RPM Sensor if the brushes are good and wiring is good..
    is that the little chip on the cut motor? I have done the sensor test on it and it registers how many turns the spindle makes. Is there any other things I can do to test it? I don't see a part for just that alone that I could order and replace. I don't even see the cut motor. Do you know if I can buy those? Thanks for the time and help.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Check your wiring on the Cut Motor....

Black from the Motor goes to the Black from the Termination Board.

White from the Motor goes to either wire of the switch.

White from the Termination goes to the other wire from the switch.

AL
    thank you very much. I will get out there later today and check the wiring. it may very well be that because I don't think the diagram was clear on what connected to what.

Quote Originally Posted by malviski View Post
    can I please have some of your luck....that is good to hear. it seems like every time I turn this machine on there is something else going wrong. I take really good care of it and keep it clean. I have replaced the chuck, the flex shaft, in addition to all the parts I just replaced. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I deploy a lot and the machine will sit for 10 months at a time???
    Don't be misled by my previous post. I have certainly had my share of problems and have vented my frustrations here on this forum and other places many times. The venting didn't do me or anyone else any good so I stopped doing it and tried to just concentrate on solving the problems.
    Steve

I know the Deployment thing.... 10 years of Sea Duty in 20 years... Retired E7 FCC(SW) Navy.

Something else... The Crimps on the plastic push connectors have been known to need re crimping at times...

Look at the X Termination board and the C1 Capacitor.. it has been know to snap off one end and give problems...

I use what I call a seat belt on my clear cover, a strip of stranded packing tape about 2 inches long that I apply over the switch location of the clear cover to the black cover. Applied with the cover up slightly and when the cover is down it makes the tape taunt to hold the clear cover tighter to the switch. Over time my cover hinge pivot point has loosened up letting the clear cover not make proper contact with the switch. Call it the Seat Belt...

Sawdust inside the cut motor can cause bindng of the brushes in the slot... It is risky, but opening the cut motor and blowing the dust out is a good thing... Snapping one of the wires off.... not so good... I even had one hit a moving part and put a notch in the wire.... so careful...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06240.JPG   DSC01467_WEB.jpg   DSC01471_WEB.jpg   DSC01462_WEB.jpg  

DSC01461_WEB.jpg   DSC01472_WEB.jpg   DSC08069_WEB.jpg   DSC07811_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Finally got out there to check the wiring. It was hooked up right. I saw the top screw head to the to brush melted a little so I decided to take the cut motor out and check inside. I found the top brush housing melted and most of the brush gone. Any ideas? at this point I need a new motor anyway. I tried to call to put one on order yesterday and no one at carvewright answered.

Trying to upload photos but the uploader is not working on this forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00581.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	68759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00577.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	814.2 KB 
ID:	68760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00579.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	68761

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast