Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Motor Test

Default Cut Motor Test

I am trying to perform a Check Motor Test and I am following the directions on the PDF file on the website and I do not have an option "8" which says its the "User Test". After I turn on the machine with the card in I pick option "0" which is options then it tells me to select "8" or scroll to "8" which is User Test. I only go up to 7. Any ideas? Using the manual like they want me to and it doesn't match.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

from the main menu, press 0-2 and check the firmware version. needs to be 1.181 or higher.

I guess it's my turn now with the cut motor. I changed the cut motor brushes and had no issues (done it before). After that is when my issues started. The cut motor doesn't turn on while the initial set up is taking place with the bits. I double checked to ensure the cut motors wires were connected at the lid since I took it off to change the brushes.... all good. I then went back in and opened up the connection point on the lid cover to make sure there was no sawdust. There was a little, cleaned it and still the motor won't run when I do the Cut Motor test. Although it says it's running, nothing is happening. I've checked the flex shaft and turn the spindle by hand and can see that the motor is turning and don't hear any unusual noises. I've disconnected/reconnected the cannon plug at the cut motor and the other end and all looks fine. If I swap out the cut motor with my other machine and nothing changes, what is the likely culprit?

And.......... I have another CW and it's running OK right now (changed the brushes in that one too), but I'm starting to notice some issues happening. It runs, but I'm seeing that at times the bit is not touching the bit plate or a few minutes ago I saw the carving bit had gone too deep after carving for 15mins. Machine stopped and said to check/clean Y rails. Maybe I cleaned it too good. LOL Any suggestions? Here I thought I had only 1 "Shenita" CW (She needa this and she needa that). I guess I may now have a "Shegotta" CW too. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

You have to open the motor and then check that all wire are connected were brush sit it happen to me way back
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

So the swap of the cut motor was a GREAT 1/2 split in the troubleshooting.. Good Job...

Then we have a short list....

The X Termination board is bad
    OR a wire loose on the X Termnation board.

Clear cover Right Side Switch is bad or the plastic tang broke off the clear cover.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thank Al (& others).

So if I make a "thru" connection on the clear cover right side switch that would eliminate another possible trouble spot. The X termination board.... I haven't checked a pdf yet, but is that the small board at the cut motor or at the other end? I actually didn't open the cut motor when I changed out the brushes. I just took the motor out and unscrewed the caps and changed them out that way. Maybe I'll go in there and split open the cut motor to check everything in there as well.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    So the swap of the cut motor was a GREAT 1/2 split in the troubleshooting.. Good Job...

Then we have a short list....

The X Termination board is bad
    OR a wire loose on the X Termnation board.

Clear cover Right Side Switch is bad or the plastic tang broke off the clear cover.

AL

The X termination board is on the bottom of the machine, bottom right side if you lay the machine over on the cut motor exhaust side. That is where the wires that run up to the cut motor come from.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Someone elses picture.

Look for burnt parts.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X Term board.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Well I opened up the cut motor and it was a little dirty so I blew it out. All connections were solid and I put it all back together and STILL get the same fail on the cut motor test. I opened up the underside of the CW and blew it out as well. Some sawdust, but not alot. Didn't see any burnt markings on the x term board. By chance could I have burnt something out if I crossed the wires on the cut motor when re connecting them to the top lid after putting things back together? Don't think I did, but anything is possible I guess. Any idea on how much a X term board costs? Wait..... this is on my warranty machine. YESSSSSSSSSS ! I'll call LHR tomorrow and troubleshoot with them some and maybe they'll let me take the board off and mail it in for a swap out after we know for sure. It'll be alot cheaper shipping a x term board than boxing and shipping the complete CW. Wish me luck...

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Well I opened up the cut motor and it was a little dirty so I blew it out. All connections were solid and I put it all back together and STILL get the same fail on the cut motor test. I opened up the underside of the CW and blew it out as well. Some sawdust, but not alot. Didn't see any burnt markings on the x term board. By chance could I have burnt something out if I crossed the wires on the cut motor when re connecting them to the top lid after putting things back together? Don't think I did, but anything is possible I guess. Any idea on how much a X term board costs? Wait..... this is on my warranty machine. YESSSSSSSSSS ! I'll call LHR tomorrow and troubleshoot with them some and maybe they'll let me take the board off and mail it in for a swap out after we know for sure. It'll be alot cheaper shipping a x term board than boxing and shipping the complete CW. Wish me luck...
    Hey Jerry...we will probably want you to ship both the cut motor & x-term to make sure we have the right culprit. Also, check wire connections real good, too, first!

Call and troubleshoot with Hardware Tech FIRST.

We have a new PARTS TESTING FORM that we want all parts documented on before shipping to us now. Here is the link: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...Parts_Form.pdf
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast