Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do with leftovers....

Thanks everyone for looking. There have been times in the past that I've had some interesting scrap from other carving projects and they just ended up in the scrap pile. This time, after carving the K-Cup pattern I had all the scrap set aside when asked to make the cat house. Those extra pieces just screamed to be used and you saw the results. So, from now on I'm going to save those interesting pieces .... there just might be another cat house built in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    ... I had all the scrap set aside when asked to make the cat house...
    Sharon,

It's not just anyone that can say they've built a Cat House.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I still have the cut outs left and I have the mouse pattern but I don't have the darn cat I have a pattern for a cat but it's tail is in the way...lol

aokweld101 I'd be happy to send you the cat patterns if you want.... PM your e-mail address.

I just found silhouettes of cats online and bought it into designer, traced the outline, group it, made a pattern. Then made the cats the same size as the opening I wanted to put them in. I did have to cut a little off the tails and a little sanding on a paw (to fit the 1/2 circle just right).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cat House-web.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	64044 Here is a photo of the "almost" finished cat house. I just need to add a scratching post and then I'll consider it finished.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cat House-web.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	64044 Here is a photo of the "almost" finished cat house. I just need to add a scratching post and then I'll consider it finished.
    psst... Sharon...

...don't forget to add the cat...

Looks great
    Lawrence

that's a cat meow Lawrence, is it for you? If it is you must really like your cat.. I"M partial to dogs I haven't seen a doggy playground yet... any Ideas

Dogs..... Someone once asked me to make a dog bowl(s) stand so their dog would not have to reach down so far to eat out of bowl sitting on the floor. Hmmmmmmm... Of course they would be different heights for different size dogs. Maybe someting like a foot stool with "bowl holes"? Maybe a smaller hole added on the water bowl side to place a upside down water bottle to keep the water bowl full? Don't quite have that part figured out.... Thoughts, designs or ideas? Simple & yet maybe can also add a "personalized" back board to the bowl stand? Ya never know.... Might just be a big hit with dog lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    that's a cat meow Lawrence, is it for you? If it is you must really like your cat.. I"M partial to dogs I haven't seen a doggy playground yet... any Ideas
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I wish it was, but if is for some other lucky cat - perhaps Sharon's?

Again, great job Sharon and I love the fact that you used your left-overs for the work- it is a great use of scraps

Lawrence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12