Thread: Tracking Roller ER49

Default Tracking Roller ER49

I have been unable to carve any of my last three designs. I have a C machine with probably less than 50 hours on it. All my boards are milled S4S by me on my jointer, surface planer and table saw. Every time I insert a board and start the process, I get the Tracking Roller Er49-320 error. I was originally using rails as I had done several times before to allot for the 7" under roller requirement. I then milled a board with the 7" to take the rails out of the equation. I have also tried taping the edge but all produced the same error.

I checked the rollers and each moved freely and I have removed all dust from them. When examining the rubber washers, I noticed that the rear washer was split to the point that I believe that I can just give a slight tug and it would come off of the roller. I am assuming that this is the source of my error. If this is the source of my error, can I just replace this washer or are there additional pieces that I need to get? Also, if the washer is the part that needs to be replaced, must it be purchased through LHR or would my local hardware store have what I need? If this is not the source of the error, what do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
    Reid

We are talking about the O Ring on the Brass Roller?

Saw a post about a week ago that had the size for and A, B, and C machines.. Appears to be a different size in the C machines...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al,

Thanks for your speedy reply. To make sure that we are talking about the same piece, I have attached a drawing of the washer. This washer is on the key pad side of the rear compression roller.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compression Roller Washer.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	63598

Reid

Reid -- Do you have rubber belts?

Francis Pavy

Yes, My machine shipped with factory installed rubber belts.

Reid -- Have you checked your head pressure? and lubed the shafts with white grease?

The reason I ask about
    the rubber belts is the front belt compresses and contact the brass roller.

As far as the rubber washer on your compression rollers, I've never had this problem so I can't say I've been
    in those woods.

FXP

Reid -- I could never get a good measurement with the rubber belts, but after I trimmed 1/4"
    off so it wouldn't contact the brass roller ,they were perfect ( after calibration).

I think there is also another way, but I am not sure. I think by elongating the mounting holes for the sensor, you can center it better to avoid the belts.
    You need to run sensor tests to make sure the sensor is reading. Of course you should also format the card and reload it.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

9. Default

You said the rollers move freely. I assume that the user test showed "compressed" and "uncompressed" while they were moving to ensure that the switches were working properly?

I am not sure the size or part number of the Rubber Roller Flat Rubber Washer you are looking for.

I had a thought when I saw the picture you posted... Any chance you are getting this error due to loading a board that is TOO THIN?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com