Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Designer 2.0

1. Default Designer 2.0

Hi Guys...have four machines and use them daily...I was VERY excited to take on the 2.0 download project this weekend. Had install issues but...several errors, font engine not loading, etc, etc...finally got it installed. Got the gui.exe crash constantly...couldn't get through maybe 30 seconds in the program before crashing.

Anyway...make a long story short, called carvewright support Monday morning and they fixed me up...hopefully this will save some poor bloke (like me) some time...

1. My Gui.exe crashing was caused by having too many projects on my computer (1000+) and evidentally the software was trying to create thumbnail images for each. The advice I received was either to let it crash over and over and over until all of the thumbnails were created...then it should be fine...or delete all of my projects. Well...I'm not doing either of those so ended up just putting my projects on an external HD and then unplugging. Gui.exe crashing is gone!

2. Also, concerning certain fonts not showing up (99% of my carvings were using Monotype Corsiva)...the support boys said some just won't work with 2.0...something about not being bit-map compatible or something. Unfortunately Monotype Corsiva is one of these. Sooooo...I'll just keep both 2.0 and 1.187 loaded on my computer and if I have a customer who has to have that font...I'll just do that project in 1.187. Interesting to note that Jimel from the support group said that I could use the same card...even though it will be flashed with 2.0 firmware...will still work with 1.187. I'll have to try this one out....

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,

Chris Cruze

Very informative... Thanks !!! I too use Monotype Corsiva on many of my projects. And I send customers a pdf with 50 font choices for the sign.... I will need to re think a quick jump to 2.0.

Too many projects, that info was priceless.... I too save everything...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks for the update. We are all still learning about 2.0.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Firmware has always been backward compatible, and still is to designer 1.116.

However, only projects created in newer designer versions can take advantage of newer firmware features - which is why we release new firmware with each new designer.

OK not sure where to post this so here looks fine.

I am about to start carving my next STL model in hard wood. So normally draft and normal mode are out. Wood is too hard and I will be putting undue stress on the machine.

When I bring up the same carve in version 1.187 its carve time is 33 hours in optimal. Too long. But now that I just bough version 2.02 the optimal carve time is 88 1/2 hours. What gives? Even best time is 38 hours. Is the carving in 2.02 that much better that I can select normal and still make it look like optimal in the old version? What is different? I can not take a model that will need 10 carves and one week to now carve it over a month!

Help need advice.
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

I just ran a test using all combinations of 1.187 and 2.002 Designer and their firmwares and got exactly the same times for my test file in all cases. Are you sure the times are different for exactly the same file? See if you can post a 1.187 file which gives different times in 2.002.

can you send me your email address so I can send you a file. Not sure how to post files here other than pictures.
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

When you reply to a post, push the "Go Advanced" button. Then scroll down and push "Manage Attachments". Then "Add Files" and then "Select Files". Browse to find the file and upload it.

Edit: I did PM you my email.
    Last edited by bergerud; 10-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Hers is one slice of a 10 board model.

2.02 wants over 88 hours on top settings
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast