Hi Guys...have four machines and use them daily...I was VERY excited to take on the 2.0 download project this weekend. Had install issues but...several errors, font engine not loading, etc, etc...finally got it installed. Got the gui.exe crash constantly...couldn't get through maybe 30 seconds in the program before crashing.

Anyway...make a long story short, called carvewright support Monday morning and they fixed me up...hopefully this will save some poor bloke (like me) some time...

1. My Gui.exe crashing was caused by having too many projects on my computer (1000+) and evidentally the software was trying to create thumbnail images for each. The advice I received was either to let it crash over and over and over until all of the thumbnails were created...then it should be fine...or delete all of my projects. Well...I'm not doing either of those so ended up just putting my projects on an external HD and then unplugging. Gui.exe crashing is gone!

2. Also, concerning certain fonts not showing up (99% of my carvings were using Monotype Corsiva)...the support boys said some just won't work with 2.0...something about not being bit-map compatible or something. Unfortunately Monotype Corsiva is one of these. Sooooo...I'll just keep both 2.0 and 1.187 loaded on my computer and if I have a customer who has to have that font...I'll just do that project in 1.187. Interesting to note that Jimel from the support group said that I could use the same card...even though it will be flashed with 2.0 firmware...will still work with 1.187. I'll have to try this one out....

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,

Chris Cruze