Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craft show displays

Default Craft show displays

Hi all... I'm wondering about craft show displays. Do any of you vets have a set up you have built for your booth, either for inside or outside, that you might be willing to share how you did it? I want to build an actual booth, 3 walls with areas to hang stuff and shelves for others. Just need to come up with a way to make it easy to set up and take down, easy to move as possible and efficient use of a 10x10 space. I have some ideas but it's always good to seek the advice of those who have experience. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

My wife and I are starting up craft shows in the fall. I was going to build my displays. I found a distributor locally (in Dallas) that sold metal grid wall panels for around $20 a wall, almost as cheap as building out of wood. Many years ago I had built lattice works for the booths. The Grid walls setup easily, have a variety of accessories (hangers, hooks, etc) and are light weight. I have attached a picture of some of my crosses with some of my wife quilts displayed on the Grid Walls.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grid Walls.PNG 
Views:	85 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	63579

This may help, I do 6 or 8 shows a year and I made 2- 4 x 8' stand up display walls. they fold into 2 -2 x 8' pieces.
    I also hang a plastic chain in the middle of the tent to hang all my signs. the rest I display on 3 tables. I also, if there is extra room on the outside of the tent, I display my yard signs on a display rack.
    hope this helps

Perry B.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spring Craftshow 033112 003 (600 x 450).jpg  
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Billings, Montana, United States, 112454482100538, Billings, Montana

I have a lot of expertise in shows ,started in 1979, I use grid wall now ,after spending a lot of time and money building wood. Wood displays show there ware soon after they are made. Scratch and dings show up soon. Plus they are hard to store and transport. Most shows you are parked away from your booth and you need a good 4 wheel wagon. My grid wall stores in a 26 x 8 x 96 wood box on the floor of my 16 ft. trailer. I pull them out onto my cart. Well worth the money. Ross

5. Default

We use the wire "Grid Wall" stuff. We have shelves, hangers, four sided roll around units, etc. Works well for us.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails up1.jpg   up1.jpg   up4.jpg   up2.jpg  

I liked the modular boxes with a chicken wire frame.
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I like the grid wall set up. I looked it up online and seems a little expensive from what I found. I could make the same thing with some 2x4's and wire cattle panels I think a lot cheaper... advantage of being in cattle country LOL.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

My grid walls were actually cheaper new at the location I bought them in Dallas then on Craigslist. I paid right around $20 per wall, bought 4 walls, then quite a few hangers, shelves, signage, etc. Walked out of there for around $120.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    I like the grid wall set up. I looked it up online and seems a little expensive from what I found. I could make the same thing with some 2x4's and wire cattle panels I think a lot cheaper... advantage of being in cattle country LOL.
    We rented it for a few shows then bought used pieces for half price of new.

And where is it that you all are buying these? I'm a long ways from Dallas so that doesn't work. The places I have found online they are about $30-50 per panel.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast