Thread: Selling, temp move, looking finding, buying, moving again, accident, Jeep is totalled

Default Selling, temp move, looking finding, buying, moving again, accident, Jeep is totalled

What year this has been! Starting from last year the wife worked several jobs before getting back on with the State of Calif. During that time she had a couple jobs in Susanville so she was home daily. Then a temp. job in Carson City, living with a close friend, then just home on the weekend. Then getting a job in Sacramento a 4 hour drive from Susanville and living with my folks, to seeing her when I could! All this time stretching over a year, while I lived in our house in Susanville waiting for it to sell. We started out at a higher price for a 6 month contract and lowered the price seemed every two weeks. Then the contract ended and then an offer well an insult! So working with our realtor again at a lower commission we responded to the offer with our bottom line price! The house was sold! Then everyday I packed boxes and on the weekends was able to see my wife! Then we had yard sales and sold all our big items, washer and dryer, couch, refrigerator, freezer, chairs, dining table and much more! We gave away several truck loads of items to the local thrift shop to who ever wanted what we had! Sold my dump trailer and though I sold my tractor to the buyer of the house, but he flaked out the weekend we moved out! I think he was hoping I would lower the price because he thought I had no way to transport the tractor since I sold my dump trailer! Nope my dad has a car trailer and even though we moved on a Saturday. My dad and I came back on Sunday and took the tractor and other items.

Then being back with my wife was great ( and still is!) we moved our stuff in storage and I moved into the guest bedroom my wife has been living for almost a year. I really appreciate my folks I am an only child, but all three of my boys have lived with them with their families at one time or another. My oldest have lived twice in the guest room along with his wife and grand babies in the spare bedroom. Then my middle son and wife and my grandson lived in the trailer house behind the main house. My grandma lived there until she passed away. Now my youngest boy and girlfriend live in the trailer. Plus my parents have had my cousin and a friend and her mom live with them between my boys and us! My mom has been retired for about 3 years and has not lived with just my dad for maybe 3 months during that time. Lol my parents have learned the meaning of NO the hard way! Anyway during the time I moved in I went out almost every day with my realtor whom I have known since 6th grade. We looked at over 50 homes and made close to 30 offers and this during a 5 week period! The problem was the market was a sellers market and each home had several offers often $25,000 or higher over the asking price. These homes were remodeled, flipped homes and we were competing with first time buyers and investors looking for rentals.

However God was looking out for us, as He has during the whole process! The house we bought is in a good neighborhood and there were little to no homes to compare comps. So the seller who also remodeled and was the selling broker was asking too high of a price. Which was not unreasonable because homes we looked at a little over 3 miles away were priced and selling for higher then he was asking for our house. He bought this house in Dec. for $92,000 and from what the neighbors told me and from what I see the seller did a lot of work and upgrades! So he tried selling the house for $193,500. He was in escrow, but would not appraise so the buyers pulled out. He then lowered the price to $185,000 and was in escrow again this time with a FFA buyer. Again the appraisal was too low and came in at $170,000. In the meantime the house next door which is 30 square foot bigger and has a pool was in escrow. Lol we looked at this house thinking it was the house we bought because it had a for sale sign and my house did not! The house next door need quite a bit of work. Back to the FFA buyer the price and the appraisal were so much the seller would not go down and the buyers would not go up!

I had made a offer on the house based on the comps, but the seller rejected. The seller then lowered the price to $189,000, so I e-mailed him telling him my realtor did not know I was doing this. However I am not sure why the house will not appraise for more and I told him I loved all the work he and his crew put into the house. I told him of our situation and living with my folks! I told him I can go a conventional loan, but the highest I can go is $185,000. So if he was willing to drop $4000.00 he house can be considered sold! Again God looking out and answering our prayers the seller agreed and because the house next door sold for $172,000 and needed quite a bit of work. Our house needing really not a thing appraised for $185,000 no problem!

So to spare the long story, lol like I have so far! We hired the Starving Students moving company who by no means are starving moved us! Slowly and broke quite a few things, bang up walls and charged about $800.00 more then the estimate! Lol we had 4 mowers and 2 trucks and one team was quick and the other S L O W ! ! Again God blessed us with extra cash! This was Thursday and we unpacked and put our bed together. We did this over the weekend then Sunday went to my folks house loaded up our KIA Sportage and what I could in my Jeep Rubicon Wrangler . We took most of the afternoon and about 5:30 pm or so headed to our new house with our stuff and 3 cats! I had 2 cats in their cat carriers. So heading south to an intersection my lane and north bound traffic had the green light. So as I entered the intersection a lady in the left turning lane began her turn and we collided! She was in Volvo wagon and my Jeep smashed her whole front end and to look at my Jeep it looks fine! Nope it is totaled! So 2 fractured ribs and my right arm and shoulder hurting and the hand swelling I am fine!

I am glad though the Jeep is worth way more totaled then been fixed! Top blue book is around $15,000 and mine was around $13,000. But because of the scrap yard value and the blue book I am getting $19478.98! That is less the $250.00 deductible! So again God is good I will find a truck maybe a 1972 Chevy pick up! So I am feeling better and getting things done and my two oldest sons have found a home my oldest son has bought his and is painting and getting ready to move and the middle son is in escrow. So life seems to be good and all the time in the past seems only yesterday! Of course during that time seemed forever! I am praying my wife starts liking our new home! She went from a mid size house to small house from a 1600 square foot to a 1236 square foot with no storage! So I am installing quite of few shelves and with the help of my youngest son putting together a shed....a metal shed!

So this is pretty much the same story and thank you for taking the time to read this post and I have included the photos of the wrecked car and Jeep!

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo jeep.JPG   photo volvo.JPG  

OUCH on the JEEP.... GOOD JOB on the House !!!!

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Jeep looks fine in the picture. But glad insurance company is willing to total it. Some one is definately looking out for you. Glad things have turned around for you. Hopefully you'll get some time to start making signs again.
    Jeff

Thanks Al I love the house, but my wife.....well that is another story! Jeff you are right from the picture and looking at it up close it does look like little damage. The real story is the front axle and drive line, steering box, suspension, tire and rim. fender and the list goes on! It came to over $12,000 in repairs. So even though the Jeep came from my father in law and the wife wanted to keep it in the family. It is worth more totaled!

Lol as forth to signs that will be some time I am still unpacking and my garage/shop is a mess!

Rick