Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carvewright Work Station

I made it. Bought the dust collector from rockler

I get my wood from sawmills also, but their planning is never smooth, and the sides always vary in with. I usually have to trim the thickness and edge them, or say goodby to your Carvewright gears
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

OK, its time for me to improve my shop vac. Its just not doing the job.
    Can anyone tell me the noise levels you will receive form the Harbour Fright 13 gallon portable Vacuum and the Harbour Fright 2hp shop vacuum. Noise is becoming an issue. And if I put the vacuums outside of my workshop, How noisy will they be?
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Get a dust collector, not a vacuum. They are much quieter.

Peep,
    The HF 2HP Dust Collector has more of a hum to it, (after it's running for about 10 mins or so you forget it's even on). The CW drowns out the hum from it. lol

Anyone have the smaller 13 gallon dust collector?

Quote Originally Posted by peep View Post
    I have a stand alone 12 gallon dust collector from RIKON. Only 106 CFM, but works great with Floyd's DC insert.

Quote Originally Posted by peep View Post
    I do not but do know a lot, including LHR, who do have it and say it works very well. Just note that the filter bag is something like 20-30 micron rating so you will get dust floating back into your shop...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Well last night I had a y axis stall.
    I just about lost it. First the x axis (was one of the gears) then the cut motor, then the z axis (was the cable). I'm at about 83H now.

And now the y drive! Did I but a lemon. But on closer inspection it was ultra dusty. I was doing a 17.5 hour carve in Santa Maria hardwood (not very hard) on optimal setting. When on optimal setting you do not have much sawdust on hard woods. But you do have lots of very fine power. My shop vaccum just is not cutting it. And of course the carve stopped at 17H2Min. Grrrrrrrrr
    Need a dust collector that is not too noisy because I want to put it out of the shop.
    All I know is the two at Harbour freight. Any other recommendations?

There are a number of sites with DC reviews. I would suggest reading a few to find something close to what you were thinking about. I have a dedicated cyclone DC located outside of my shop and have pvc piping and drops with blast gates at all my tools, I use an x-10 remote control system and it has worked great for almost 20 years. I wouldn't be without a good DC...
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast