Thread: Wrapped lithophane's any one tried theses?

Default Wrapped lithophane's any one tried theses?

I saw this and thought I would see if any one has tried one? This is really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dblNnF4JJGk

That is really cool. That is now on my list to try with the rotary jig. Thanks for the idea.

(Notice in the video how he was worried about the poor CNC having to move so fast in the z. This is one place where the CW accels thanks to the light cutting head flex shaft design.)

Lawrence has done something similar. By heating and bending a flat litho.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

That's pretty slick.

Put it on a rotating music box with candle.

Wonder how it would work for bigger ones, say for like Christmas Eve outdoor candle lights (luminarias)?
    ~ Mark K

Very cool- I hadn't thought about actually carving in the round first... cool concept- thanks for sharing it with us (and thanks for the shout out Bert)

Here's my rounded corian box I did (what seems like a lifetime ago) I replaced the battery op. light with a corded one and it sits on my desk at work and is used every day.

Lawrence

Yeah I thought of doing a glue up of corian and turning a blank for the rotary jig kind of expensive , but I am thinking of trying it. Maybe doing 2 or 3 litho's on one 14 in blank then boring it out on the lathe, would make neat little rotating pictures like you said on a music box spindle.