Thread: Height ajustment, Little Help!

1. Default Height ajustment, Little Help!

My height adjustment does not want to engage to lower. Any suggestions?

What are you trying to adjust the height on? If it is not a pattern or raster text then there is no adjustments for height. Carve regions and the like have no height adjustments just depth...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If you mean the head is stuck at the top and the ratchet slips, there is a hole in the right hand threaded shaft just for this purpose. Insert a nail and wind it down a little.

Like posted above, it sounds like you cranked the head too high then it clicks trying to go down. In the Operation Manual you will find directions to fix this problem too. The Hole in the Jacking Screw on the right side or opposite keyboard side to prime the thread.

Tips and Tricks has some other great stuff to learn too... The 7 inch rule of wood will get you too if it has not already... Staying under the Rollers and Scaling....

WELCOME !!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

5. Default

The crank will not lower the head at all, not engaging the clutch

I had the same problem because the handle wasn't inserted properly.

You cranked the head up too high.

you can take the right side off, opposite the crank and use an adjustable wrench on the long head screw to put the head down a little so the crank works
    again. I never crank it so high anymore. just one of the quirks of the machine.