Thread: Getting Close to 1000 HRS

Default Getting Close to 1000 HRS

I've had my machine for close to 5 1/2 yrs totaling 1000 hrs. The y truck was stuck so I took this opportunity to rebuild my cut motor which has
    had no rpm sensor since the very beginning.

I got my mcahine on ebay reconditioned for $1000, with no warranty.I've paid $1851.00 for parts and bits since then, so total
    cost is : 2851 or at least $3000 , if i figure in bits and bearings I bought from 3rd parties. So that's less that $50.00 per month for machine, consumables and replacement parts.

to Sum up my maintenance : here is the timeline and what I went through in hrs.
    20 hrs lubed shaft

40 hrs --Lubed shaft replaced Switch cover

55- replaced x gears

57 hrs replaced board sensor - measurement sensor

64 lubed shaft

87- lubed shaft

110 - lubed shaft replaced y gearbox

135 lubed shaft

149 hrs Brushes replaced,shaft oiled,dust collecter installed :

169 hrs -lubed shaft, replaced sandpaper belts

174 hrs--- replace y axis motor assembly, belt, lubed shaft

194 hrs 15min --Lubed Shaft

214 hrs - lubed shaft . Replaced z motor bearings, replaced z truck with carve tight system replaced sand paper belts with Rubber belts.

234 hrs ----9/26/11---- lubed shaft

235- replaced ffc cable, Replaced whole flex shaft ,external and spring

254--10/07/11 lubed shaft-- Installed external vacuum-trying 1/32 bit

329- oiled shaft--

470hrs - oiled shaft replaced gear and bearings in y motor pack, replaced FSC
    cable, replaced board sensor, sensor cable , z motor pcb board, y truck bottom roller bearings, (2) ,Y BELT IDLE PULLYU ASEMBLY, RETAINING RING FOR 5MM EXTERNAL SHAFT. cut front rubber belt 1/4 in and moved botom plastic retainer
    to keep belt from contacting the brass roller.

490 Hrs -- replaced FSC
    cable,oiled shaft (having edge detection error) found out it was the y-belt retainer)
    in the back -- it wasn’t seated correctly.

538 Hrs- replaced z motor bearings-- having z motor problems -- loosened and tightened z truck roller bearings. Lubed shaft.

544 hrs -- having x axis skipping problems -- found out the brass roller was not making
    contact with board. Lubed shaft.

612hrs -- Checked motor brushes(will change @725Hrs ) , Lubed shaft, lubed (with white grease the lifter posts)

684Hrs -- changed y- motor pack with one I had( nylon and brass gears worn and shot) (shaft on nylon gear worn, brass gear would not engage) ... Lubed shaft , lubed posts and bearings. (put on a new Bit) Shaved off back or board sensor and changed lens on same.

701Hrs -- Changed Cut motor Brushes.

777hrs --lubed shaft--y motor pack shaft worn giving y axis stall errors.nylon gear shot . Changed y-pack motor assembly.

861 --z- stall error , z axis dissemebled and cleaned , y stall errors, y axis cleaned and lubed. lubed shaft

937hrs --Cut motor rebuilt, replaced y truck bearing lower left, checked and
    replaced y bearings,checked z motor bearings. cleaned board sensor put new
    lens (made from clear coke bottle).

I hope this helps someone....

FXP

Nice work!!!

Impressive. But whats even more impressive is you have it documented. I stay on top of mine but couldnt tell you when I did what. Definitely a lesson for those of us that just shotgun parts at it.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340