Thread: Project will no longer open

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Project will no longer open

I started this project some time ago (1/1/2011) and went to open it today in the new 2.0 and Designer crashes instantly. Figured it was an issue in 2.0 , so I tried it in 1.187 and it crashes there now too. I tried what few settings Designer has plus adjusted my video card without luck. The file is 1/4 the size of my largest project files which still open fine and this project only contains drilled holes, albeit a lot of them - 1,113 holes IIRC. This seems to be my only project that will no longer open. The preview of the new 2.0 shows it fine in that window - it just crashes on open.

So now I am concerned something was changed in a version prior to 1.187 that is causing this issue. It could also be my computer as it has changed since 2011, but my video card has gone from 128 MB of shared video memory to 4 GB of dedicated video memory and system RAM from 2 GB to 16 GB. I understand memory is not the only determining factor, but you'd hope if it worked on the old system it'd work on the new one.

Can someone try and open this file and see if it opens for them so I can decide if I should start over?
    Attached Files Attached Files