Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.001 problems

Do you mean the file is actually gone or just that there is no preview?

It is a .otf Adobe open type font. I have other files that are the same type and they show in both 1.187 and 2.01. Have not figured out why some show and some don't in 2.01.

I believe the new text morphing features in 2.0 demand vector based fonts like Truetype. Some fonts are bitmaps and they could be the ones rejected. I tried an experiment with a font which showed up in 1.187 but not in 2.0. When I opened the file in 2.0, it said a font used in this project isn't installed on this computer and a replacement would be used. Then it opened with (I assume) was a replacement but then when I tried to edit it, it crashed.

So, I assume that the new text features are somehow related this new font selectivity and someday soon, we may get an explanation.

Bergerud,
    Sorry if I'm not clear here. I have two problems- 1. That not all previews are showing.
    2. That I cannot "save as" when I do, the file never shows up in the destination selected. If I query the file, it can be opened in the query window, by clicking on it. If I close Designer or restart my computer, the file is lost. If I query after that I'm informed that there is no file by that name on the computer. I hope you can understand, as sometimes I get to wordy, like now.
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

I had the same problem with the previews. Some of the previews did not show up for a few days. I had a large directory of files.

As for your second problem, it really sounds strange. Once a file is saved to the hard drive, how can it disappear? I have not heard of anyone else with this problem. You are going to have to do some more digging. If Designer is deleting files, well, it just would be just too strange.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Unfortunately none of those re-saved files work for me on both versions of Designer.

While not pertaining to my issue, it also seems there may be a file association issue, perhaps from switching back and forth from 1.187 to 2.0 as I am getting "Application not found" errors if I click on the downloaded file through Google Chrome, and if I go to my download folder and click the actual file, Windows brings up the dialog asking what program to open the file with. Telling it to always open using gui.exe (1.189) seemed to fix the issue for now - but clicking the file always opens it in 1.187, which seems like expected behavior. I know someone in another post has file not found issues, that may help.
    I have determined by saving to the Desktop that this is part of my problem (see pic of saved "test" file on desktop). I cannot however, click on the "Always use the selected program to open this file" box as it does not highlight to be able to do that (see pic). Any thoughts on how to rectify?
    Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Test file from designer 2.001.PNG   Gui.PNG  
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Koval View Post
    I have determined by saving to the Desktop that this is part of my problem (see pic of saved "test" file on desktop). I cannot however, click on the "Always use the selected program to open this file" box as it does not highlight to be able to do that (see pic). Any thoughts on how to rectify?
    Gary
    Did you click on the gui.exe that was in the window, or did you browse to the actual file location? If you did not browse to it, that could be your issue. Sometimes the listed program is not where Windows thinks it is.

And not to be picky, but isn't it time the Designer got a better name than the default "gui"?
    Last edited by brdad; 07-07-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Koval View Post
    Gary
    Gary,

I have seen this also with saving a file (not necessarily Designer) to "desk top" and then not finding it listed when trying to open it from an application. What I found was that it was saved to the desk top in another account. Seems like it they were in admin. Also have seen that they would not show up in the application window but when I looked for them with Explorer they would be there..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Brdad,
    Tried it both ways, neither highlights.
    Fwharris,
    When I save the file to my personal "Carvewright saved Patterns" it will not show up where saved. If I then query in that file, I can then click on the query list of the selected file and it starts in Designer. If I close Designer or restart the computer, the file is lost. But if I save to desktop I can access it and save my progress in it. When I save to desktop, the file is a blank file and when you click on it, the window opens asking which program you want to start the file with. I hope this makes sense to those that read it...
    Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12