Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.001 problems

Default 2.001 problems

Okay everyone,
    1. I have installed the software via posted instructions. My computer info is listed below. Not all patterns are viewable in the new "open with preview" option. Is this normal?
    2. When I "save as", name the file, get out of Designer and come back in, it is not listed where saved. If I query the file it shows that it is saved, and at that point can be opened. Now, if I restart my computer the file is lost.
    Just trying to get past these problems before going on... Am I doing something wrong?
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Will have to try to reproduce that. Are you sure it's not just the system trying to create the new thumbnail view?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Try using the normal open file dialogue without the preview feature. I noticed that it really took quite some time for the thumbnails to be created.

I do have a software question about this- I move my files quite around quite a bit- will this recreate itself each time?

Also, I keep many of my files on an external drive and in some cases on several different thumb drives, is the system going to have to "find" my files each time I re-insert the drive?

Lawrence

In reference to the "Open with Preview" option no I still do not have all files showing, and if I stay on a certain file for it to load the pic, I get a program crash and loose everything.
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

That is what happened to me for the first while. I think that the program has taken up the task of creating all of your thumbnails in the background. Try a sub directory with only a few files in it. (I am just going to skip the preview feature until 2.002 comes out.)

Default 2.001 text problem

I just tried to open a old project and DS 2.01 said the font was not installed on this computer!
    I went to windows and look it is installed. So I opened DS 1.187 and went to text and it show the
    the cooper std black font in it! Went back to 2.01 and it does not show!
    I consider this a bug!

I count 255 fonts on my computer in 1.187 and only 204 in 2.001. So I must agree with you, some fonts are missing.

What kind of font is the one you are missing? Is it a Truetype font or a bitmap type font?
    Last edited by bergerud; 07-05-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Yep, worked all day on a file saving it faithfully every half hour or so. Went back to it after dinner- it's gone. Still not all previews showing, yep probably wait like Bergerud till 2.002 comes out.
    Gary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast