Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reporting - designer 2.001

+1 on install errors- I got them on one computer and someone I help out is having trouble too. The computer I'm able to get to work is win 7, both my other computer and my buddy's are native xp computers with upgrades to win 7 (not sure if that makes a difference)

I just told him that hopefully it'll get fixed soon... either that or I misunderstood the "refined installer" concept.

One quick question though- if you have it automatically look for updates, will it ask before it actually goes through with the update?

Lawrence

Lawrence,

Good question, No answer though..

On my install error I did do a program removal before the re install and it re installed with out the errors..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thought i would give this new designer a try but i think ii will stick with 1.184, deal with this crap maybe next year, i am not sure i even want to go to 1.187.
    steve
    Start U Member

4. Default

1.187 is buggy also. I went back to 186.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    I had the same or similar errors on an install and reported this to Joe. He had me do a re install..
    I tried several times with the same result - isn't that the definition of insanity?

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I tried several times with the same result - isn't that the definition of insanity?
    Persistence!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    1.187 is buggy also. I went back to 186.
    Your saying it good to stay at 1.86 //I am at 1.87 ,,,what if some project are made with 1.87 , you would not be able to open them in 1.86 right// 1.87 for me so far so good// what error are you finding in 1.87 // I know some project I do have problem ,,would you be able to point out errors for me thx
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    Your saying it good to stay at 1.86 //I am at 1.87 ,,,what if some project are made with 1.87 , you would not be able to open them in 1.86 right// 1.87 for me so far so good// what error are you finding in 1.87 // I know some project I do have problem ,,would you be able to point out errors for me thx
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...272#post205272

that stinks... I hope you didn't buy the keyhole software or need to do any cutouts (they are really jerky on 1.186)

I'm still wrapping my head around this whole thing... when 3.0 comes out, will 2.0 be a free download or are folks like Terry stuck using software with bugs unless they pay to get rid of them?

Lawrence

Wow I see what you mean ,,now my question is what going to happen now ,and what is Lawrence is saying , I was going to buy the 2.0 now its very iffy going to wait a year now
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast