Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reporting - designer 2.001

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    DickB, the file opened but like you said when I clicked on it Designer closed...
    It does the same thing on my computer.
    Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    I am having the same problem with the Cooper Black font, DS 2.01 does not see it, but 1.187 does. Any figured out why it does not see some fonts? I can not see any difference in the other font properties.
    I am having the same problem too.
    Steve

Are they TrueType fonts?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

So your are saying Connie the 2.01 will only see true type font, not like 1.187 that will see any type?

Turn OFF the computer/ipad/iphone, etc Connie! You ARE ON VACATION!! Shut that portion of your brain down. Have Fun! Seriously, you need a rest from this for a few days..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Are they TrueType fonts?
    Yes, the one I am using (I provided the link to Microsoft's font) is .ttf.

Another bug with 2.0 is the board settings have to match the actual exactly...mine was inputted as 28.875 and it measured 28.871 and kept telling me to load a new board. I took that mpc card out (that was upgraded to 2.0) and put the mpc file on another card with 1..187 and it worked just fine. I did get a warning earlier that told me that the artwork that I was loading could not be scaled which happens a lot and I just say "enter" and go on with the carve.

any one know what would cause 2.0 to lock up on opening running win 7 on intel

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    Opening bug- has happened half a dozen times or so- upon opening 2.001 I get a lock up/crash and the following error
    "SQL error, column path is not unique Unable to fetch results"

Hey bro did you ever fine out what was causing the lock up? mine opens then locks cant close it without restart of the pc

Hey bro did you ever fine out what was causing the lock up? mine opens then locks cant close it without restart of the pc

Quote Originally Posted by carrothers View Post
    Another bug with 2.0 is the board settings have to match the actual exactly...mine was inputted as 28.875 and it measured 28.871 and kept telling me to load a new board. I took that mpc card out (that was upgraded to 2.0) and put the mpc file on another card with 1..187 and it worked just fine. I did get a warning earlier that told me that the artwork that I was loading could not be scaled which happens a lot and I just say "enter" and go on with the carve.
    That is not a bug. By the way, when you get the message "artwork could not be scaled" this indicates you have some centerline elements on the board layout...again, not a bug...centerline cannot be scaled. But, remember, you never want to allow scaling anyway.

Please read the following Tips & Tricks and you can say "goodbye" to scaling problems forever...

ISSUE 18 March 2009 – Scaling and How to Avoid It!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast