Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reporting - designer 2.001

Default Bug reporting - designer 2.001

Bug reporting - designer 2.0001

I'm finding quite a few bugs/glitches and am unsure where to post them... so I guess I'll post them here as I find them. I'm not going to lie, though I'm pretty happy with the potential for this new software, I am so far disappointed with its stability or the "completeness" of the features. I plan to do a few videos up showing the 2.0001 in use so that y'all can hopefully get a good idea of what works and what doesn't work as I'd expect it to, but in the meantime I plan to post the bugs here for the programmers.

Here's my info so that the programmer's jobs may be a little easier.

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHZ
    12 GB RAM
    64-bit Windows 7 home premium
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 graphics card

all drivers updated, windows up to date, virus scanned (Avast)

Bug reports to come,
    Lawrence

Stability is correct, I have had 2.0 crash several times, but I like the features it has so far.

First bug- (an arachnid actually)

When opening up an MPC (in this case, from an external drive) both when using the "open with preview" (4/4 even after restart) and 1/4 times when using the "open" tab in 2.001, the MPC opened up without any wood grain, and the wood grain was not available to be used from the tab pull down. When leaving the project up, 2-3 minutes later I got a system crash in one case. This happens with many different MPCs including those created with 2.001

Last edited by lawrence; 07-03-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Default second bug

Opening bug- has happened half a dozen times or so- upon opening 2.001 I get a lock up/crash and the following error
    "SQL error, column path is not unique Unable to fetch results"

I've got a couple problems with a project that uses the Arial Black font version 5.06: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...aspx?FMID=2002. I believe the font came with my Windows 7. First off, the file type is .ttf, but designer 2.0 says it is not installed on my computer. Second, since I used this font on a clock with 12 numerals, I get 12 warnings to which I have to respond individually 12 times about the same font when I open the project. Maybe not a bug, but a nuisance. Third, when I try to edit the text to change the font, Designer crashes. To demo the crash, I am attaching a subset of the project, not the whole project.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DickB, the file opened but like you said when I clicked on it Designer closed...

The mpc opens and is editable on a Mac (OS X 10.8.4). It even recognizes the Arial Black that is installed.

Kenny

If there is only a 1 and 2 on the board it opens OK with my Mac (10.8.4) as well with correct font.

I will check it on Windows 7 Ultimate in a minute.

Added:

Designer 2.001 in Win7 Ultimate shows Font not installed error and does NOT show Arial Black in the font list.

Designer 1.85 on the SAME Win 7 Ultimate shows the file not loadable because it was from a newer version but it DOES SHOW Arial Black font installed.

DickB, what version was this saved in? I can install 1.87 if it was saved in that for testing.
    Last edited by SteveEJ; 07-09-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

I am having the same problem with the Cooper Black font, DS 2.01 does not see it, but 1.187 does. Any figured out why it does not see some fonts? I can not see any difference in the other font properties.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast