Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Select option 1 or 2 when it ask to stay under the rollers

1. Default Cannot Select option 1 or 2 when it ask to stay under the rollers

I think I posted this in the wrong area-- This is what I posted--

Hi, I have a compucarve from sears and just got it back again-- like the 5th time over 3 years-- I sent it in do to it could not raise up and down-- So I get it back yesterday after two months and put a board in and now the touch pad will not respond when it gets to Stay Under the rollers will not let me select yes or no-- I am lost--- Help please

First thing to check would be the flat cable that plugs into the key pad. Before you start up a project are you able to get any response from the key pad functions?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Yes-- I can measure the board and see other stuff from the menu; I have to leave for awhile but will be back-- Thanks for the quick reply-- I will check the cable when I get back-- Thanks Again John
    Last edited by americanhonor; 07-02-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Likely a cable has torn... The very thin wires from the keyboard....

Where are you located?

You can always call me for over the phone assist... I'm free.. Not always right but I try...... Phone number on my web site below.

Retired Navy Chief,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I would reformat the card as a first thing to try. If those buttons work for other functions, it may just be corrupted software.

6. Default

Hi everyone and thanks--- So on the measurement, I could only do the length, It seems the other keys on the key board are not functional .. or so it seems, I removed the cover for the key pad connection and examined the cable.. I can see a bare wire on a few of the strands-- I checked the connection and it seemed solid. Does this sound like a cable problem?? Prior to me removing the cable; when I put the card in and tried the other keys some worked except for 1 and 2 , now it seems only key 7 and 8 works-- I re-formated the card and still the same thing-- All your help is greatly appreciated..Everyone have a great 4th of July-- Let freedom Ring-- HOOAH John
    I am located in Washington State

Al, I did not see your website-- my email is americanhonor@netzero.com
    Last edited by americanhonor; 07-03-2013 at 01:12 PM.

7. Default

Hi again-- so I assume it is the cable that is bad-- Does anyone know if this would be the correct one to order- Cable - LCD Keypad Cable 24 Conductor Ribbon-- Thanks John

You could always call LHR and ask them to be sure. If I had any doubt, that's what I'd do. They've always answered the phone when I call 'em. I'd be sure to have the serial number in hand though.
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

9. Default

Thanks again for the quick reply's, I ordered the cable and got it in two days,, Downloaded the instruction manual and changed the cable-- One of the slots that the cable went through was really tight, but got it back together, It is now working.. Thanks everyone-- Seems like the Tech at Sears crimped the ribbon cable and that was why some of the function keys would not work-- I would of been lost without your help or taken it back to sears and waited another month or so--
    John--- HOOAH--

Wow I thought sears was doing refunds/buybacks on their units. Somebody here got a sweet deal... Can't remember who.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast