Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: text height

A wise designer once told me. Make everything the same depth and the use height to adjust height. Not depth. When you raise the text above the project they are hanging in space and you'll get chip out much easier. The merge function helps the text conform to the shape. So set all three to .361 the spline the pattern and the text. Change the text to merge positive. You'll notice the text now follows the contour of the cup.
    Last edited by badbert; 07-01-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Good advice. The text did follow the contour of the cup but the draft did not work. Now I understand why: 0 height. Thanks Bert. Aokweld101, you should give it a try. Bert is right, it is a better method.

Thanks Dan. But I can't take credit, just sharing one of many techniques I learned from here. That one is Ed Lamb.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

I noticed last night that the dept was at .361 that's why I thought the .35 looked pretty good... I was going up on the numbers I started at .031 and it wasn't going to well, that's when I asked for help then you told me to watch for the pattern to disappear witch was good advice it gave me a starting point...so what I'm getting at is that I've learned two new things last night...text height and the carving list... thanks gentlemen..
    Last edited by aokweld101; 07-01-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12