Thread: Question with multiple layers in Designer

Default Question with multiple layers in Designer

I'm designing drawer fronts and they're mostly done, but I got stuck on how to do something. I want a long one (27.25"!) by 1.25". I drew the rectangle, set a dome on it. Then I drew another rectangle, overlaid it and applied a surface (vertical lines, at .2"). Then I merged them. So far so good.

Now, I need to drop a circle onto them that will be the foundation for drawer pulls, but it keeps applying the vertical lines to the surface. How can I put the pull circles on the surface but not merged to surface pattern? Pic below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CQ Question.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	63233

Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    I'm designing drawer fronts and they're mostly done, but I got stuck on how to do something. I want a long one (27.25"!) by 1.25". I drew the rectangle, set a dome on it. Then I drew another rectangle, overlaid it and applied a surface (vertical lines, at .2"). Then I merged them. So far so good.

Now, I need to drop a circle onto them that will be the foundation for drawer pulls, but it keeps applying the vertical lines to the surface. How can I put the pull circles on the surface but not merged to surface pattern? Pic below

Name:	CQ Question.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	63233
    Here's the mpc:

Board 4.mpc

Is this what you were looking for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-06-29 11_22_22-Clipboard.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doug Fletcher

Group rectangle 3 and 6. Don't ask why!

Edit: I see we did the same thing Doug!
    Last edited by bergerud; 06-29-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Group rectangle 3 and 6. Don't ask why!

Edit: I see we did the same thing Doug!
    Yep.. and like you "dont ask why!".. It is almost always trial and error to get things groups to get the results I'm looking for.
    Doug Fletcher

That worked perfectly...learned something new today. Unfortunately, the covers that were produced were much too thin to use, with the patterns BARELY even showing. Because it was so thin, it reduced the height of every pattern applied. The result...nothing useable.

Why doesn't the result look like what's in the software???

I do not understand. The mpc looks great. What do you think happened to make it thinner than in the mpc? You should have gotten what you see in the mpc. Was there scaling involved?

Default Me either

It looked fine in the software. Here's a pic. Going to scrap it and start over with a new board. Firewood! While I'm at it, another pic of my cabinet, so you can see the difference between the covers that worked and these that didn't.

Name:	DSC06040.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	375.7 KB 
ID:	63285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06039.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	63286