Thread: Teak Oil

Default Teak Oil

I was just curious if anyone has ever used Teak Oil on soft wood (Pine).? I remember when I was a kid my job on my dads boat was to Teak all of the wood finished on the exterior of the boat. I know a big factor was the wood itself (Teak) but even with being docked in New Jersey's salty air all season long, when I would teak the wood it would make the boat look like a million bucks. Like I said just curious with outcomes people have experienced. I would be interested in both outdoor & indoor experiences. I know it looks great on teak wood just my customers want to pay for pine ("but can you make it not look like pine") haha.

On a cheep piece of pine i use minwax gel stain mahogany this gel clings to the soft wood and the harder grain stays lighter color no blotching on the pine...
    If you need a outside preservative mix 1 part marine varnish 1 part boiled linseed oil 1 part odor less mineral spirits ..this is the formula the chainsaw artists use on logs and tree sculptures..slop it on ...let dry couple days .. recoat
    denny