Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Door

Default New Door

Well,
    We had this old metal screen door, that had seen better days.
    So I checked out many pics online went to the box store and was
    amazed what they sold for the money. And decided I'll build one,
    So I got some red oak and a way I went.
    So I had to add a little CW flare to it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	549.2 KB 
ID:	63113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	816.0 KB 
ID:	63114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	612.9 KB 
ID:	63115
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Nice work .

nice job on the screen door, and a nice little flare, but the question I have is that a basement that you are working out of and If it is, how do you keep the saw dust out of it... my shop is a sawdust factory I have a dust collector for the Carvewright but I'm still am knee deep in saw dust. When I clean my shop to get the places that a broom don't get, I use the air hose, it's a cloud of sawdust coming out the doors.

4. Default

Nicely done James. That turned out great!

Very nice job. I can't let my wife see that, she has been bugging for a screen door for years now. They are pricey for what they are. New tools or a screen door?....Do you wanna see my new table saw ;o)

How did you attach the screen?
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Excellent job. I have been thinking about a screen door for my sun room but the door frame was a custom size and I haven't found one to fit. Your design, carving and use of pocket screws (I just purchased a Kreg system kit and used it for a small project). Like Cestout, I would appreciate knowing how you attached the screening... I assume you used the plastic fabric screen and not metal. Please make sure you post future projects as we can all learn from and get ideas from such quality work. Thanks.

Default dust

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    nice job on the screen door, and a nice little flare, but the question I have is that a basement that you are working out of and If it is, how do you keep the saw dust out of it... my shop is a sawdust factory I have a dust collector for the Carvewright but I'm still am knee deep in saw dust. When I clean my shop to get the places that a broom don't get, I use the air hose, it's a cloud of sawdust coming out the doors.
    I hung an air filtration unit in my basement shop in addition to the dust collection system. Most cost around $ 300.00. really has improved the air quality in my shop.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Awesome way to give a simple design look so elegant. Nice workmanship!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Interesting you should ask that, I had figured on stapling (yeah right, it's oak ) so off to the store.
    I got talking to a gentleman there and he suggested a 2 sided tape, well I was adding trim on the inside over the screen
    with brass screws anyway. So he showed me this extreme tape made by 3m, I'm here to tell you.
    That screen isn't moving anytime soon, that stuff has some good adhesive on it
    Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    How did you attach the screen?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.JPG  
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast