Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with my first ever photo carve

Post Help with my first ever photo carve

My sister and her hubby came to visit me down here in Belize and I only managed to get one good photo.

I really want to give them a carve of it, but I have never done a photo before. I am playing with it, but not doing good I think. Wish I had anther photo but I do not. Any chance someone can take a look at it and see what they could do? At least I would have something to compare to, and know how I am doing.

Here is a link to the photo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0466_zps8cdb54dd.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	62998

The shine on her face comes out as a wart, and her teeth seem to display buckteeth because of the shine. not sure what to do.

Are you trying to carve this in wood or as a litho?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I edited a couple of the shinny areas for you...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails for peep.png  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thank-you Floyd.
    I am trying to carve this in wood. Have another problem. When I take you improved photo into pattern Editor is looks really nice now. But when I open it the design software so I can upload it, it looks horrible. What is happening? Is their something I have to do in the design software?

Brian

That would be because of all the many different light levels in the photos. I did not look at it in designer but guessing it has a lot of spikes. Try adding some blur to the image in either the pattern editor software or your photo editor..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

forpeep.mpcClick image for larger version. 

Name:	forpeep2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	63027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forpeep2_DISP.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	965.9 KB 
ID:	63028Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forpeep_cv.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	63029

Well, it's a rainy day here, and I just thought I would take some time to try to help you out! I have been trying to figure this stuff out for a while now! I took Floyd's pic and into Corel Paint Shop Pro (that's what I have, but any photo editing software would work) and deleted all the background foliage, as I think it detracted from the couple. I cropped it also. Then I ran it through shadermap pro (free - you can do a forum search for more info about it). Then an import into designer. I wanted to put a frame around it for you, but I don't really have any good ones that would work well for it... It has taken me a long time to become better at photo edits, but sometimes it's worth it! I'm by no means an expert at it - just letting you know what I have done! Good luck!
    -Colleen

Collen great work. Looks wonderful.

Darn.... I am Impressed !!!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Colleen,

You did good girl!!! Yes I thought the background was way to busy for a photo on wood carve. Would make an awesome litho though...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast