Thread: Help with my first ever photo carve

Very very good.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

I'm impressed at the response and assistance provided, the proof looks great. Now just carve the project then apply stain, try a darker stain color like dark walnut or provincial, the darker stain provides a better contrast between natural wood color and the stained color. You can apply to the subjects in the carving only (applying only to the subject provides an addition layer of contrast) or apply to the whole project. Once stain has been applied gently sand the facial feature with special attention to the eyes and highlighted area of the face. Once your satisfied with the look apply polyurethane.

Quote Originally Posted by floridacarver View Post
    I'm impressed at the response and assistance provided, the proof looks great. Now just carve the project then apply stain, try a darker stain color like dark walnut or provincial, the darker stain provides a better contrast between natural wood color and the stained color. You can apply to the subjects in the carving only (applying only to the subject provides an addition layer of contrast) or apply to the whole project. Once stain has been applied gently sand the facial feature with special attention to the eyes and highlighted area of the face. Once your satisfied with the look apply polyurethane.
    Joe,

It took you long enough to chime in sir ! Joes live demo was great and SO EASY you would not believe it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Smile

Floyd, would have chimed in a bit earlier but been out of pocket for the last few days. It is a simple process, step by step, anyone can do it. My wood working experience before CarveWright was zero, I only brought my limited computer experience to the party, the rest of the learning process was trial, error and good ole common sense. Keep it simple, don't over think the process and keep carving.

Quote Originally Posted by crfahy View Post
    Attachment 63030Attachment 63027Attachment 63028Attachment 63029

Well, it's a rainy day here, and I just thought I would take some time to try to help you out! I have been trying to figure this stuff out for a while now! I took Floyd's pic and into Corel Paint Shop Pro (that's what I have, but any photo editing software would work) and deleted all the background foliage, as I think it detracted from the couple. I cropped it also. Then I ran it through shadermap pro (free - you can do a forum search for more info about it). Then an import into designer. I wanted to put a frame around it for you, but I don't really have any good ones that would work well for it... It has taken me a long time to become better at photo edits, but sometimes it's worth it! I'm by no means an expert at it - just letting you know what I have done! Good luck!
    Thank-you so much. Not only have you given me a fantastic gift for my sister, but you have really taught me a high standard that is possible. Now I have a bench mark, thank you so much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12