Thread: Police Sholder Patch

Default Police Sholder Patch

My latest attempt at making a pattern. I imported the photo of the patch into SketchUp, traced it and saved as a .Jpg file. I then imported into designer and added the lettering. Haven't carved it yet so I don't know if it will turn out worth a flip or not. I am working on a badge but that is a whole nother ball game. I need to look over Lawrence's shoulder for a while to learn how it's done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FWPD_Patch.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	62868 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FTW Sholder Patch.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	62869
    George

Here's one I created a while back just using designer. Will it work for you?

that's looking really nice so far George- a very clean pattern. I'm happy to help in any way I can, but I would be doing a disservice if I didn't mention that I very much used the software tutorials as guidance for my pattern creation.

Again, nice pattern to you (and to you chief!) and I'm happy to help in any way I can

Lawrence

Thanks guys.
    Chief, it most certainly will!. The badge is exactly what I am trying for. Great job! I am just trying to learn how to use designer to it's fullest potential and realize I have a long road ahead.
    Lawrence, I just purchased the 3D software, so it will be a while before I can afford the 2D. Fixed income is a bitch. I wouldn't be as far along, as little as I am, without the tutorials. Especially the ones I have downloaded from AskBud ( http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud downloads.htm ). I never had a chance to get to know Bud, but just from what was said by the members about him and his instructional videos, I'm sure he was a great guy and I know the CarveWright community will sorely miss him and his input. I am attempting to download all his videos as I know they can't stay on line forever now that he is gone. I plan on putting them on DVD's and offering them to the community in the future. The only cost would be a stamped, addressed mailer with blank DVD's. I know the older heads probably already have or don't need them, but the newer guys like me might not know about them or don't have the computing power to download such large files.
    Again, thanks to both of you for your replies.
    Last edited by Geomoo1; 06-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    George