Thread: DFX importer shutting down designer

Default DFX importer shutting down designer

I have been importing DFX files for a long time via Adobe Illistrator after tweeking the image in photoshop first. bit im having trouble with this one design a client wants done of his conpany logo. when i open designer and go to import the DFFX file like always, the designer collapses and i have to restaert the designer software. can anyone provide a solutionClick image for larger version. 

Name:	wpm.logo.on.white.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	462.9 KB 
ID:	62866
    Capt. Jessie McClenny
    Va.hasnowaves@yahoo.com
    Kill Devil Skates
    (757) 739-1455

You might want to email the file to LHR so they have it in the morning. I am betting that they will want to see this first hand.

Also try a different photo just to be sure it is not a computer problem and change the file format too.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

thank you Al, I will do that.
    Capt. Jessie McClenny
    Va.hasnowaves@yahoo.com
    Kill Devil Skates
    (757) 739-1455

Your favorite file may be too large. Since you stated you have done this a long time, I am wondering if you keep all the patterns in the favorites? If so save them out as MPW files or PTN files, then remove the ones you saved. Then try the import again.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Ok, so i forwarded the image and the issue to LHR. I continued to play with the image. the original image is 8.3x8.5 @300 res. which had never been a problem before at that size. but i droped the res. down from 300-200 and now its importing without shutting down the designer.
    Capt. Jessie McClenny
    Va.hasnowaves@yahoo.com
    Kill Devil Skates
    (757) 739-1455