Thread: Place Tabs issue with sled/carrier

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Place Tabs issue with sled/carrier

Hello! I just purchased my carvewright last week and love it. I have learned lots on the software but cant seem to figure something out... I think I am probably going about this the wrong way and wanted to see if someone can help....

I have been making some keychains with half-inch oak and I have been using the cut path tool and its been working good. I realized I would be better off using a carrier board/sled to make these keychains (AND OTHER PROJECTS) so that I wont waste wood. I found out that the cut-path tool does not work with a carrier board because it wants to cut through the sled. So what I have been doing to get a make-shift cutout is to just outline the project with path offset and assign a 1/8 bit and make the depth go most of the way through the board. Then, use my scroll saw and sander to complete the cutout. There has to be a better way to draw my pattern to use the "Place Tabs" tool, can anyone convert this project for me to give me the correct results? Notice my pattern has a 1-inch board. This is because the board is 1/2" and the sled is another 1/2 inch- Which also may be the wrong way to draw this.

THANKS!
    Aaron
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ajmoore79; 06-09-2013 at 05:43 PM.