Thread: new project help

Default new project help

I want to do a little twist, someone posted the paddlehead and I had a pattern that I made, I want to combine them but can't figure how to get the cutout around the paddlehead. some much needed help would be thankful..thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Connect the corkboard outline into a closed shape with a line and make it a carve region. Select both the corkboard carve region and the paddlehead carve region and outline them both.

bergerud, I tried a combination of different ways I made a closed box just around the cork area without the paddlehead pattern made a carve region...did the same including the paddlehead pattern. After that did the outline and no outline, and lost the dept of the pattern. I'm lost again maybe I'm trying to hard to outsmart the puter...

Here is the result of what I said to do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I see where you made a carve region around the cork area.. you made the pattern seperate from what I see.. then that is where I get lost.. do you do the connect endpoints.. then the outline..then the cutpath?

If two carve regions overlap, the outline will be an outline that outlines them both. I connected the cork sides with a line to make it closed. Then I made it a carve region (depth not important). Next, I select both the cork carve region and the paddlehead carve region (hold Ctrl while you click), then outline pattern. The cork region could now be deleted.

To see how it works, make two overlapping circle carve regions and, with both selected, do the outline.

bergerud, Just was playing with pattern and it made it easy the way you explaned it, I done the two circles and it was like getting smacked in the forehead, when I ask for help the reponse is that someone does the pattern and don't explane how's its done that solves the problem at the time but does'nt help you do it on your own when you need it, that gets a little fustrating at times, again I thank you and thank you for your patience!!