Thread: pen boxes

Default pen boxes

I make turned pens from wood and managed to find a pair of carved pen boxes in the free pattern category. However, when I try to upload either of these patterns, Designer software shows a compile error. I need to know if anyone else has tried to, or managed to modify these patterns to make them acceptable to Designer. Maybe someone has found a pattern, or patterns, for such a box.

If you will post the MPC I will be happy to see if I get the same problem. I have attached a simple one you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

The way to troubleshoot the Error is to make a duplicate file and delete one element from the project at a time and try to upload it.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Al,
    That was something I intended on trying.

I have thought repeatedly of doing pen boxes, but they are so cheap to buy that I never do get around to it. Even the simple single pen rosewood boxes that I buy for three bucks I can resell for ten. I'm getting a laser engraver in November and the boxes are one of the many justifications for the expense....not to mention names on the pens will help business a TON!

Let me know how the pen boxes turn out, I'm genuinely curious. It would be a nice add in for the CW that really fits in with my other products.

I posted a couple of pen boxes here: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...428#post141428. I just tried them with the latest version of Designer and had no issues.