Thread: What an awesome pattern this would make!

Default What an awesome pattern this would make!

Found this pic looking for motorcycle stuff. Would make an awesome pattern if it could be converted.... prolly very hard to clean up. I am not even going to try it, just wanted to share.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harley-davidson-fire-logo.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	62710
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Not to be a Kill Joy but be very careful with Copyright logo's... Especially this company... When I worked at Sony in Philly a local Vinyl Shop was taken by them... He was making 15 foot logo's for trailers... The Company guys could only get 12 footers.... When asked at a show the 15 foot guy said... Hey here is his card... After the Lawyers and Court they showed up with a dumpster and sledge hammers and proper paperwork since they now owned "Another" Shop... and trashed everything to the dumpster...

We very seldom talk about Copyright Stuff here... We are all adults... Just go into it with your eyes open... All the CNC and Laser Forums have addressed this at some time.

Once you make money on it you have crossed the line. I could list a dozen logo's that I have seen posted about on other forums where they got the knock on the door... Lawyers actually GET PAID to find stuff like this posted... Ever wonder who all the "BOTS" are logged into the forum....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-04-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I agree, just wanted to share a cool pic. I know from experience what a pain it is to get permission to use logos, have a few of them from area colleges. And have turned down several custom orders that wanted specific logos. But i have also seen lots of stuff on Ebay that you know are in violation. Playing with fire if you ask me.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

I'm with al on this one, you have to know what you are in for once that line is crossed, I was looking into college logos and found out to do certain college logo's its $500.00 to get permission then you are only allowed to make $2,500.00 off the $500.00 permit.

Depends on the school actually. I got one for Kansas University. Cost $50 a year and you can make all you want, just have to give them 10%. Has worked out pretty good so far, just wish it was an easier logo to paint lol. Lots of them are covered by big national licensing companies and they do cost a lot and have a bunch of red tape.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD1.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	62717HD1.mpc Here is just a simple import in to Designer...
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Well, that was received a little better than I expected.... I hate standing on my soap box....

I have connected back to some of my Navy Buddies via Facebook groups and many went to school at Great Lakes in the mid 70's like me.... My last month in School (1977) my duty days were checking ID's at the Helm Club or the Enlisted Drinking and Food Club. Under 21 a big RED 3.2 stamp for 3.2 beer only... Yuk.... 21 and over... A Black Stamp that changed every night... Some resourceful Sailor found that a 1/2 potato would suck up enough black ink that with a pocket knife a Rubber Potato Stamp could be made.... The going price was between $10.00 and $20.00 to get the stamp in the bathroom... The Bartenders trusted the stamp... On my duty night it all came to an end.... Our boss... "I am responsible... IF a Sailor leaves the club after drinking the HARD STUFF because "WE" failed and gets in a Car Accident..." Then "I" have FAILED in doing my job....... I always remembered that....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com