Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: K-Cup Dispenser - JUNE 2013 Project of the Month

Here is a modified K-Cup round. I haven't made mine yet, but I plan to swap out this design for what MT originally created. I'm hoping to make a few of these for x-mas gifts for clients, with their logos. X-mas is coming up fast tho!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-12-03 19_54_03-CarveWright - [6-K-Cup-disc.mpc].png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doug Fletcher

Not made one of these yet but planning on it for a gift.. Just curious why is a modification needed od theK-cup round??

Quote Originally Posted by ekimnamyr View Post
    Not made one of these yet but planning on it for a gift.. Just curious why is a modification needed od theK-cup round??
    Its not needed, but I felt it might be easier to get the k-cups out if you just lift a little and then pull straight out. Plus, I'm hoping with this design I can work in one more round.
    Doug Fletcher

OK; sounds like good idea Thanks
    Mike;

I like that, Doug! Very nice variation indeed. (looks cool, too!)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I finally got one assembled over the weekend. I ended up using my laser cutter to cut the K-cup holders out of 1/4 acrylic. I could have used wood just as easily, but after I cut a few both ways, I decided I like the acrylic look better. I did manage to get 4 rounds in the design this way, and i chose to offset each row to aide in reading the k-cup labels since i added another row. The left side still uses Michaels' coffee cup design, with my day jobs company logo above. I flip flopped for a while on whether I was going to paint the logo or not, but as you can see I left it plain. The right side I laser engraved all of the employees signatures. The photo really doesn't do it justice as they do look much better than the picture shows. I did modify the rounds pattern again from the last time I posted. I'll try to remember to post the new version when i get home this evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-12-16 05.54.17.jpg   2013-12-16 05.54.59.jpg   2013-12-16 06.00.01.jpg   2013-12-16 05.54.37.jpg  

2013-12-16 05.54.45.jpg  
    Doug Fletcher

Doug very nice work. What depth and what bit did you use on the signatures? That would be nice for lots of gifts to hand sign them.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    Doug very nice work. What depth and what bit did you use on the signatures? That would be nice for lots of gifts to hand sign them.
    I have done signatures on the Carvewright in the past. I typically use a 22.5 degree bit and a depth of .05". This time I used my laser engraver for the signatures however.
    Doug Fletcher

That's is very nice work.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    I finally got one assembled over the weekend. I ended up using my laser cutter to cut the K-cup holders out of 1/4 acrylic. I could have used wood just as easily, but after I cut a few both ways, I decided I like the acrylic look better. I did manage to get 4 rounds in the design this way, and i chose to offset each row to aide in reading the k-cup labels since i added another row. The left side still uses Michaels' coffee cup design, with my day jobs company logo above. I flip flopped for a while on whether I was going to paint the logo or not, but as you can see I left it plain. The right side I laser engraved all of the employees signatures. The photo really doesn't do it justice as they do look much better than the picture shows. I did modify the rounds pattern again from the last time I posted. I'll try to remember to post the new version when i get home this evening.
    dbfletcher, did you ever post the modified rounds pattern? We just got a Keurig and I am looking to make one of these. I like your version and the fact you got an extra round in with this version. Thanks. HAL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234