Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pocket cuts

thank you, now I think I got it, I was thinking it had to be half the radius of the bit.

I think what threw me off was the the offset you need to start the pocket cut

I think this is what you are looking for but, I used the 1/8" cutting bit. The first rectangle is drawn to the exact dimensions (.75" X 9.75") and assigned the 1/8" cutting bit with a .063 inset (1/2 the diameter of the bit). The subsequent rectangles are .1" smaller in height and width progressively and also assigned the 1/8" cutting bit. I hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

I downloaded this project on my memory card and it shows 3 min.11 sec and that is in draft, normal, best, and omptimal settings should'nt they take longer or shorter depending on the setting. And when i try another project it stays the same at 3min.11sec.on all the projects that has been dowloaded on the memory card. so would this program of the slot be contaminated.

I made this Slot Board using Rectangles as Vector Lines and assigning the bit... I think I call it the .5 bit but it was the Standard 3/8 LHR bit... I also set the depth of carve for multi pass.

This Real time board gives me something to use as a gage for setting up a project. I look at the real board and pick a slot and look at the Designer Project to get the numbers.... since the board is a Sponge... humidity changes the size... It gets me closer faster...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06955_WEB.jpg   Sample .5 bull nose_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-05-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

this I done trying to do the routeing pockets with the .375 straight bit I hope that I got it right could someone look to make sure that I don't mess up I assigned the .375 but unsure that it took it.

Looks ok to me. There are a few extra rectangles and lines with no bit assigned.

(Do you have the carving list displayed? It is very useful to both see what you have and to be able to select objects. view - toolbars - check carving list.)

You might want to make the length of your hog out lines a little less so the the bit does not make the full width of your pocket. You may get little dimples that the clean up square cannot clean up.

Thank you for walking me though this, I found the extra lines that you talked about and deleted them, the square that your talking about do you mean the passes for the .375 bit and if so do I make the passes .187.. thank you for your help your a great teacher....I wonder if I'm a good student?...I hope so...thanks again
    Last edited by aokweld101; 06-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.

and one more thing will the .75 at the bottom be the right size for a .75 board?

What I am talking about is all of the passes back and forth with the 3/8 bit. At the end of travel of each pass, the bit will touch the square and may screw up your straight edge. See the mpc where I have made the square a little smaller to exaggerate the effect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast