I frequently find myself hurling around choice language out in the shop when I attempt to sand away paint overspray from a Vcarve as the last step before staining. It seems like I have tried a number of different ways to seal the wood to prevent the paint from bleeding into the pores but most of the time it doesn't work well. Then I end of having to remove too much wood and the details start to sand away so I'm forced to stop and just deal with it. If the stain is dark then it's not as much of a problem but a light stain or a clear finish will end up exaggerating the issue which leads to more choice language flying out of my mouth.

Has anyone found a product that completely seals the wood without penetrating too far into the pores? That would lead to another problem where the stain would not absorb into the surface properly.

I use cans of spray paint and I have been wondering of something like an air brush might be better at getting the paint into the Vcarve but not pushing it down into the surrounding pores.

You can see the average level of detail I work with in the attached image so masking off is not practical more is placing contact paper or other films on the surface before carving.

ANY HELP would be appreciated. !!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370375934.856307.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	62699

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk