Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Designer 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    I think the way it works is that it shows .063 in the box but the machine actually records .0635, but I'm sure someone with more knowlege on this will be around to correct me if I'm wrong.

Lawrence
    I am guessing that is correct as well, but that is one of my big issues, nobody knows, or those that know don't tell. I can accept the machine may be off and that the wood will shrink or expand. But I don't think it's right for the machine to report .063 if it is capable of cutting .0625. It actually matters less in the final product than it does in the design - it gets confusing adding decimals rounded off to a digit(s) less than the machine is capable of cutting.

Make a snap grid using 1/16". The dialog box will display 0.063. Click ok and you now have a grid with 0.0625 spacing. To prove it to yourself, bring up the dialog box again and even though it shows 0.063, type in 0.063. You will see the grid change. If you had typed 1/16 again, it would not have changed.

Or just make a snap grid typing 0.063 and notice that you cannot make a 1" X 1" square. You get a 1.008" X 1.008" square. ( 16*0.063=1.008 )

This was one of my eureka moments when I discovered the exactness of fractions.

OK.. So Connie is smiling now that the subject is NOT Designer 2.0.. LOL

What would you like to see in the basic program? More speed control of the spindle? Maybe control of the carve sequence? Added user defined bits? Anyone else??
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    OK.. So Connie is smiling now that the subject is NOT Designer 2.0.. LOL

What would you like to see in the basic program? More speed control of the spindle? Maybe control of the carve sequence? Added user defined bits? Anyone else??
    Improved vector control/capabilities, improvements on the cut path/cut out feature, back lighting for lithophanes.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Make a snap grid using 1/16". The dialog box will display 0.063. Click ok and you now have a grid with 0.0625 spacing. To prove it to yourself, bring up the dialog box again and even though it shows 0.063, type in 0.063. You will see the grid change. If you had typed 1/16 again, it would not have changed.

Or just make a snap grid typing 0.063 and notice that you cannot make a 1" X 1" square. You get a 1.008" X 1.008" square. ( 16*0.063=1.008 )

This was one of my eureka moments when I discovered the exactness of fractions.
    I get what you're saying, but if I make you an mpc with two drilled holes in it, one at 1.063 and one at 1-1/16" - good luck telling which is which!

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Improved vector control/capabilities, improvements on the cut path/cut out feature, back lighting for lithophanes.
    I'll answer - in no particular order, yes,yes,no,no,no,no,yes.

This thread cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    I'll answer - in no particular order, yes,yes,no,no,no,no,yes.

This thread cracks me up.
    Looks like one of these days the young folks will fairer this unit out, us old folks just Waite and see, time is too impotent to worry about things.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

"In no particular order...." LOL.... Love it..

This has turned into the Wiki Lounge Thread...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456