Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Designer 2.0

Default Designer 2.0

Okay, I just got the email from Carvewright announcing the long awaited Designer 2.0 to be demonstrated at the 2013 Conference. The question is; when is the expected release date for retail purchase? I'm ready to buy it now!
    Steve

We're gonna have to buy it?

Love to know what the new features are

I still don't fully use all of the features with the current version. Just have to say how impressed I am with all the software and the ease of use if just unreall.

They are trying to get it done by conference. Just got it working on Mac, so looking good. Needs some more testing and debugging.

I know u all want to volunteer, but I think we got that covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Wish I could go to the conference, sounds great ! Maybe next one. Capt Barry

7. Default

Purchase? Designer has always been part of purchasing the machine. It seems as though carvewright is starting to charge for all additional software, even upgrades now? I am really concerned about this trend. I hope they are not trying to replace machine sales with more and more revenue from those of us who have already purchased. There will be a breaking point.

Nothing is FREE

It takes money for R&D
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarver View Post
    Purchase? Designer has always been part of purchasing the machine. It seems as though carvewright is starting to charge for all additional software, even upgrades now? I am really concerned about this trend. I hope they are not trying to replace machine sales with more and more revenue from those of us who have already purchased. There will be a breaking point.
    I speculate that the original designer (as with all updates and patches to designer) will continue to be free- new features continue to be "ala carte" and I appreciate this very much.

I know it seems like we get nickle and dimed to death, but I would rather have the option to buy new features as long as the original designer is still supported. I like LHR's business model when it comes to software design and sales very much- I consider it to be one of the company's best traits.

Lawrence

I agree with Lawrence about the current software model. I like the ability to choose the add-ons I want and pass on those that are over my head (which are most ). I hope this model continues along with support for the basic software package. LHR has done a pretty good job of givings us options and I enjoy using the ones I have purchased. Perhaps someday when the real job doesn't call for 60 plus hours a week, I can learn a little more about the others.....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast