Thread: I am having trouble making a project into a pattern

Default I am having trouble making a project into a pattern

I finally created a really good design which I am trying to make it into a pattern. I created some 4 inch ornaments and made them into patterns but the wall plaque wont save as a pattern and I don't know why. I've attached a picture the MPC is two large to post on here. I can get the island to save as a pattern but nothing else will save with it. Ive used all the elements from the one pictured and made patterns but not this one. I'm at a loss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kodiak 8.JPG  

I hope this works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

So, did you group the individual items and try to make pattern from the group? Did you create each of the individual patterns? If so, maybe try it without the cut out?
    -Colleen

Sorry it took so long to respond. Yesterday I had to play car mechanic. I grouped the pattern and each one of the patterns I created. I tried with the cut out and without it all that saves is the island. I have one I made with a fish that isn't my creation and it wont let me make that one into a pattern and tells me why but this one goes through all the motions but doesn't save the complete pattern, I have key holes on the back and I've even taken those off and it still wont save. I wonder......... I have the island saved as a pattern and then placed the other items on to it, I might try to go back to the art work and start all over again.

This might be what I have to do. I have it saved as an MPC which is fine but I wanted to make it a pattern so I can resize it easier to make key chains or to make it even larger without having to adjust everything. Thank you for the help.